balcony vs spa balcony vs ocean suite

renebfl

Seems like a no brainer to me. Bigger is always better assuming money is not a factor. If money is a factor then you have to decide what weight that has in your decision.

We have always sailed in OS or GS except for one time in an aft wrap. No comparison, OS or GS is much better than even the best aft wrap. But then again, money is really not a deciding factor in our decision.

Edited by travler27

I do wish that Carnival had more suite perks like some of the other lines do. I like a larger room and can justify the cost a bit if I have extras. Just my opinion! :)

I agree. However, suites on other lines are significantly more expensive than on Carnival. I guess everything is a trade off. I'm fine with just the bigger room. Heck, I wouldn't know what to do with a butler if I had one. :D

I do wish that Carnival had more suite perks like some of the other lines do. I like a larger room and can justify the cost a bit if I have extras. Just my opinion! :)

If you priced the other cruiselines that come with the perks of booking a suite you will see a huge price difference.

The Spa balcony comes with the perks of the spa. which costs about 300.00 per couple for the week. How much will you use the spa vs how often are you off the ship?

Some spa balconies are uncovered... no roof. and the people above could look into your balcony.

Ocean suites- there are only two which are located very forward. but the balcony is the same size as the regular balcony cabin.

If you priced the other cruiselines that come with the perks of booking a suite you will see a huge price difference.

The Spa balcony comes with the perks of the spa. which costs about 300.00 per couple for the week. How much will you use the spa vs how often are you off the ship?

Some spa balconies are uncovered... no roof. and the people above could look into your balcony.

Ocean suites- there are only two which are located very forward. but the balcony is the same size as the regular balcony cabin.

I agree with all of the above, with a minor exception regarding the balcony size of a category OS versus a regular balcony. While both are the same depth, the category OS balcony is half again longer than the standard balcony due to the increased width of the OS room.

As others have said, if the cost difference is not a factor, I'd take the OS any day due to the much nicer room... size, lighting, storage, tub, dual sinks, etc. No opinion on the spa balconies as we've never had one.

I agree with all of the above, with a minor exception regarding the balcony size of a category OS versus a regular balcony. While both are the same depth, the category OS balcony is half again longer than the standard balcony due to the increased width of the OS room. .

Yes sorry. I was looking at the Junior suites located on deck 9 forward.

There are only two of these cabins and the balcony is the same size at the regular balcony

Ocean Suites are on deck 7 midship.

I have stayed in all of those- the os is nice for space and the tub, and when we travel with kids the best option for us. If just the 2 of us I would prefer the ext aft balcony as I rather the outside than inside space, or the spa balcony was nice as well as we used the amenities often. So it comes down to really what your looking for- each experience was great and all for different reasons. :)

We loved our Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Dream. We were steps away from the spa and used the facilities frequently. We were also steps away from the Serenity Deck where we spent all of our deck time.

I would/have booked a ship solely because we could get a Cloud 9 room. In fact, I just booked a NYE cruise on the Magic mostly because there were Cloud 9 rooms available.

Granted the rooms aren't any bigger that a normal balcony, but the deck is isolated forward and we felt like we were on our own private yacht. OK, maybe that's an exaggeration but at least a much smaller ship.

We loved our Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Dream. We were steps away from the spa and used the facilities frequently. We were also steps away from the Serenity Deck where we spent all of our deck time.

I would/have booked a ship solely because we could get a Cloud 9 room. In fact, I just booked a NYE cruise on the Magic mostly because there were Cloud 9 rooms available.

Granted the rooms aren't any bigger that a normal balcony, but the deck is isolated forward and we felt like we were on our own private yacht. OK, maybe that's an exaggeration but at least a much smaller ship.

What comes with the spa 9 room versus any other room on the ship? I thought everyone could use the facilities. Or in a spa package versus a regular booking? Can't everyone work out, use the sauna, steam room and showers?

What comes with the spa 9 room versus any other room on the ship? I thought everyone could use the facilities. Or in a spa package versus a regular booking? Can't everyone work out, use the sauna, steam room and showers?

On the Magic, you get use of t-pool, saunas and heated loungers as part of the spa room ....you would have to purchase the spa pass to have use of these things otherwise.

I love Cloud 9. We just booked OV Cloud 9 on the Vista. Can't wait. I like the comfy robes. Slippers are a little thin tho.

With the spa room you get access to the cloud 9 spa amenities which are a plus. If you want to use the spa and want a larger room check to see if a spa suite opens up. ☺

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you taken advantage of these amenities in the spa. I just booked a spa balcony this morning on the Breeze. It will be a honeymoon cruise. I was thinking the "extras" would give us that honeymoon feel.

Have you taken advantage of these amenities in the spa. I just booked a spa balcony this morning on the Breeze. It will be a honeymoon cruise. I was thinking the "extras" would give us that honeymoon feel.

I will be in a few weeks on the Breeze ☺. Since I won't have the kids this trip I know I will have more time to utilize the facilities.

I will be in a few weeks on the Breeze ☺. Since I won't have the kids this trip I know I will have more time to utilize the facilities.

Hope you do a review!!! So jealous. I'm wondering how late the thalassotherapy pool is open. Seems like the perfect way to end a nigh although I tend to be up late at comedy club.

I never use the spa and have never had a spa room. However, I have noticed there seems to be some confusion between a spa balcony and a balcony room on the spa deck. Not sure of the difference but I'm sure someone will explain.

Okay this makes more sense to me now that you have put it this way. Each ship has a spa, and each ships spa deck has balcony cabins, but only the nicer, newer ships have specialty spas, with spa balcony cabins with perks. Correct?

Okay this makes more sense to me now that you have put it this way. Each ship has a spa, and each ships spa deck has balcony cabins, but only the nicer, newer ships have specialty spas, with spa balcony cabins with perks. Correct?

The ships with a cloud 9 spa have Spa cabins. Not just cabins on the spa deck. They are a different category than regular balcony cabins. They are located generally on the spa deck and the deck above and below respectively. Kinda clustered around the spa. Not every cabin on the spa deck fits this "category" usually they are the most forward cabins. Check out the deck plan on breeze. The spa category cabins have a spa pass for the two in the cabin and other little perks. There a bunch of good write ups on the boards. I hope I didn't confuse you haha