3 Kids

Nancyk529

Let's try this again! We have 3 kids ages 9, 11, and 13 and we would like to find the "best" (cheapest) price on a cruise for the five of us. I contacted one cruise line and was told I would have to do a 2/3 joining room which almost doubled the online price! We do not care about the type of room we get, bunks are fine for all of us--since we are going to experience the cruise not the accommodations! I was looking for a cruise during the week of April 8-15, 2006, which is the week before Easter. Three, four, or five day trip to the Bahamas or Caribbean would be a great family experience. Any ideas out there?

Hi Nancy,

We are taking five kids and we have it set up with the rooms together. No matter what you do if you do it online you will have to book two rooms putting one parent in each room. When we were taking just our four kids we had it booked with my DH in one room with the two boys and I in the other room with the girls. The rooms have to be ajoining or right next to each other if you are putting the kids in one room and you in another to start you have to do this either by booking direct with the cruise line or through a travel agent I believe.Or, once onboard, you can switch around the sleeping arangements so that all 3 kids are in one room and you and DH are in the other. Keeping one card for each room so you can come in and out as necessary. We are in outside rooms now, but they were only 30$ more than insides so it was worth it there. I am working on getting three rooms now, but final payments have been made so I am not sure if we can, but it is only 220 more to switch to a third room with two next to each other and one a bit away. We will set it up so that my DH and four year old are together, and the two boys are right next door. Then I will be with the two teenagers in another room, but we will probably move around once onboard.

Hope you find a cruise. We are going on a 4 night on Majesty in October when our kids have three days off and I paid a total of 3064 including air for all 7 of us from Chicago to FLL.

Good luck,

Kel

I think that Carnival's Fantasy Class ships allow 5 in a room (you would have 2 lower beds, 2 uppers and a roll-away). The ships to ask a TA about would be:

Ectasy (4 and 5 day western caribbean out of Galveston)

Sensation (4 and 5 day western caribbean out of New Orleans -- maybe??:confused: )

Inspiration (4 and 5 day western caribbean out of Tampa)

Fascination (3 day bahama or 4 day western caribbean out of Miami)

Imagination (4 and 5 day western caribbean out of Miami)

Fantasy (3 and 4 day bahamas out of Port Canaveral)

For comparison's sake, try pricing the Elation (7 day western) out of Galveston).

Carnival is a great cruiseline for families; you and your kids would have a great time!

You can get family suites on RCI, but they are not going to be cheap. be prepared - you're going during prime spring break time. There aren't going to be many "deals" for that week.

Carnival may be your best choice - not many lines except them and Disney (definitely not cheap and probably fully booked for spring break) will do 5 passengers in a single cabin.

Hi, We are taking our three kids on Explorer in Septmeber. We have a FO category. I did a lot of research before choosing. We could have gotten two rooms, but I decided that was not best for our family. I looked into several Carnival ships but decided that I was not happy with many of them that could fit 5 in a room. I liked Royal Carribean and they have a policy that no matter who you talk to, you will get the same price. If you travel in off season the rates wil be lower than if you go during hte summer when kids are out of school. I also was very pleased with all the posts I have read about the kids program on RC. I hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks soooo much for the info. I will definately use it! What a great deal with airfare and cruise for a lilttle over 3,000! Just for our cruise it was going to be 2,358 from one place. I guess that isn't sooo bad considering the week we would be going. Thanks again!

Let's try this again! We have 3 kids ages 9, 11, and 13 and we would like to find the "best" (cheapest) price on a cruise for the five of us. I contacted one cruise line and was told I would have to do a 2/3 joining room which almost doubled the online price! We do not care about the type of room we get, bunks are fine for all of us--since we are going to experience the cruise not the accommodations! I was looking for a cruise during the week of April 8-15, 2006, which is the week before Easter. Three, four, or five day trip to the Bahamas or Caribbean would be a great family experience. Any ideas out there?
We have a group cruise going on the Triumph which does allow 5 to a cabin! We are sailing the week of the 15th to the Western Caribbean!! If you can make this sailing we are giving a $100 Cabin Credit and Great Rates including your port fees and taxes! Check us out by clicking on my banner!!

Chuck:)

Hey...I am going family cruising with Chucks group...we have a son (12) there are tons of kids in this group. Cruising is great family fun only made better with groups that have something in common. My kids are on school break the week of Apr 9-15 but we are still doing this cruise as the group fits our family.

Karyn

Archived