3rd week of March - Needs to decide on cruise!

TurnLeftKasey

I'm off work from March 13-22. Any good solo deals - looking to do for more than 5 days from Florida. Inside cabin is good for me, I must be missing something as far as deals go - is NCL the only one that doesn't charge 200% of the fare if there is one passenger. Found a nice cruise on NCL leaving March 15th but got really rude customer service when I called in for them to answer questions last night... And they just "followed up" with a call a moment ago and I am at work and I told the guy on the phone that I would call back if I needed anything, that I was at work and I was unavailable to speak, he also got very rude and was trying to set up a time for him to call later, I kept telling him that I could not speak currently that I work in a hospital and he continued to be persistant and finally hung up on my face. This does NOT leave a good impression. Might never book with them... I've been on RCCL and Carnival and the customer service was superb!

Thank you all!

I went on a carnival cruise solo last year when I found out I was preggo no single supplement call and ask kf they have any available! I wish cruise lines were more singles friendly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There are several cruise lines that don't charge 200%. Crystal I believe is 125% (if I'm wrong on that number, I hope Calliopecruiser will correct me). NCL studio cabins and Cunard solo cabins don't have a single supplement, although the dates won't work for this trip. There's another thread on this board that mentions Prinsendam, although they don't specify a rate. Although cruise lines often drop the supplement off-season if the ship isn't selling well, I don't expect that will be the case in March either.

Edited by Dancer Bob

The cabin I got on Dec.14 on the Breeze was $419 for just myself and I was told it would had been $350 a person if there had been two people.

I calculate that as a single supplement of 120%, did I do the math right?

If yes, then it is not just 25%, 50% and 100% single supplements out there.

I am still researching what is available.

Good Luck.