FTTF Question

CountryCruiser

My wife and I are in one room and my 2 minor kids are in the adjoining/connecting cabin next door. Do I need to get an FTTF for each room or will my kids be able to check in at the same time my wife and I do with just one FTTF. I know you need one for each cabin with adults, but didn't know since the one cabin is just my kids. If they don't have one, will out lose out on the early boarding offered with mine? We can check all luggage under my cabin and we wouldn't worry about whether their cabin would be ready or not as soon as we board. We have no tendering and my kids will not need to stand in line for customer service onboard. I currently have one for each cabin but thought it would be a way to save $50 if the other one is not needed. Would also open one up to another well deserving passenger.

Honestly, to be absolutely sure, I would book 2 FTTF passes. One for each cabin. But technically, Carnival probably would not separate minors from their parents if that is what you are asking, and they will allow them to book with you but still to be safe I would book the second pass.

if you and your spouse are booked in one room and the kids are booked in the connecting cabin then you should book one FTTF

BUT

if your spouse is booked with a kid and you are booked with a kid-- you would need two FTTF

if you and your spouse are booked in one room and the kids are booked in the connecting cabin then you should book one FTTF

BUT

if your spouse is booked with a kid and you are booked with a kid-- you would need two FTTF

According to goccl this info is wrong for. Each cabin requires it. Even minors only cabins.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/FastertotheFunPackage.htm

Scroll down to the faq. This situation is specifically asked.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

According to goccl this info is wrong for. Each cabin requires it. Even minors only cabins.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/FastertotheFunPackage.htm

the above will be for 4 adults booked into 2 cabins. It is not meant for two parents traveling with their 2 kids. (sailed last week and saw a few people do that-- the people with the kids were sent ahead but the people traveling as a group of adults the "other" cabin was sent to the other line.)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

It also states "to receive the benefits".

Minor children are required to check in with their parents/guardians and will be able to board with them. They do not have a tender port and the kids would not use the guest service desk. So really, in this particular case there are no benefits in getting FTTF for the stateroom with the kids in it and one for the parents stateroom would suffice.

QUESTION: We have two cabins, but only our minor children, in the second cabin. Do we still need to book FTTF for their cabin also?

ANSWER: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

QUESTION: We have two cabins, but only our minor children, in the second cabin. Do we still need to book FTTF for their cabin also?

ANSWER: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

Common sense dictates that no cruiseline would allow minor children to board without their parents. Since the parent's check in with the children and are responsible for them Carnival will not deny them the use of their purchased FTTF. And I'd stake my first born on that one.

Common sense dictates that no cruiseline would allow minor children to board without their parents. Since the parent's check in with the children and are responsible for them Carnival will not deny them the use of their purchased FTTF. And I'd stake my first born on that one.

They will tell the parents if you want to board as a group, you can get on the regular line. If both cabins need to pay, I dont see anything wrong with carnival saying that. They will not tell the parents to board early and put the minors on a separate line they will tell the parents to go on the regular line to board together.

its a bit extreme but if a family was boarding and one minor had absolutely no ID, they would not tell the family to leave the minor but they will be able to board and the minor cant. Its up to the family how to proceed.

Its not up to carnival to be good or pad parents. they make the rules and they have the right to deny the minors to go with the parents with the FTTF.

having said that.. I am sure there are tons of cases where they allow the minors to board with the parents with FTTF. But I would not guarantee it at all and I would not take the chance for $50

Edited by hftmrock

The "PC" answer is Yes.. both rooms will need FTTF. BUT as others have stated.. they will allow children to board with their parents, however you will always run the risk that SOMEBODY will say something and they COULD make you go back to the regular embarkation and debarkation line since the kids technically aren't on the FTTF boarding pass. its a gamble.

but like others have said.. if it were me i would take the gamble. odds are in your favor that it will all be fine and you can board together. BUT you can't get mad if they won't let you! lol just remember that!

good luck!

Its not up to carnival to be good or pad parents. they make the rules and they have the right to deny the minors to go with the parents0

And Carnival is really good at enforcing their rules across the board.....:eek:

Sorry for this silly question but how exactly does this "FTTF" thing work? What do you get for your "$50 per cabin and how do you get this? We didn't book through Carnival, so can we get this or are we out of luck?

Thanks for the into.

And Carnival is really good at enforcing their rules across the board.....:eek:

agreed but I don't have to live with them. I need to live with myself so I choose to do the right thing and play by their rules when I am in their place. If I don't like their rules, I find another place to go.

I just checked for my cruise and there are several FTTF available, but it says, '$49.95 per person' and has the little drop down tab where I can select how many I want. Everywhere I read says its $49.95 per cabin though, as does that link to the FTTF benefits. Of note, the reservation also says its for FTTF excursion good for one hour. Is this typical? I'm confused what to do here.

We have two cabins, one for my DH and I, another for my teenagers. Should I just buy one ticket for our cabin and another for my children.