Booking rooms with kids

swright

I have never booked with NCL....can you book kids in the room next to yours or does there have to be an adult in each room? 2 adults and 4 kids

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic!

As long as you are booked in adjacent (not necessarily connecting) cabin, you're fine and no adult is required in kids' cabin. However if the cabins are not next to each other, then there must be an adult (min 21 years old) booked in each cabin.

Here's a thought...we wanted two cabins last year and my brain automatically went to connecting room - while making the reservation, I was telling the PCC that I was FREAKING out about giving the kids a balcony. He said, why not give them an inside and you and your husband get the balcony? Duh....go that's what we did. GENIUS! lol

Here's a thought...we wanted two cabins last year and my brain automatically went to connecting room - while making the reservation, I was telling the PCC that I was FREAKING out about giving the kids a balcony. He said, why not give them an inside and you and your husband get the balcony? Duh....go that's what we did. GENIUS! lol

When doing this, one must remember that even physically right next to one another, on Breakaway class ships (possibly also on Epic) the insides can have door in completely other, inner corridor.

So if booking a outside-inside combo on newest ships, make sure that the doors actually are on the same corridor.

When doing this, one must remember that even physically right next to one another, on Breakaway class ships (possibly also on Epic) the insides can have door in completely other, inner corridor.

So if booking a outside-inside combo on newest ships, make sure that the doors actually are on the same corridor.

My kids cabin was on the corner of the inside corridor, directly across from us. Their door was toward the inside corridor. The wall of their cabin was part of the main corridor. (does that make sense). Corner unit :)

The only probably with that was that I was STUCK with those cabins when the upgrade fairy called. :eek:

We had to have an adult booked in each room that was not an actual adjoining room. Once onboard, you can do what you want with the keys, etc. One adult in each room rule we have never been able to get around. Makes it hard when there are two adults and SIX kids. It would be nice to have three rooms sometimes especially on some of the older ships but have not been able to make it happen.

Each cruise line has their own rules, NCL is pretty lenient, which is nice. I traveled alone with my 3 (13, 10, 8) and we booked adjoining balconies with no problem. The only thing we could not do was online check in. This was not an issue, we checked in super fast at the port with no problem. This was on the Getaway last April.

From my research, Disney you cannot do it at all, Carnival allows across the hall or next door, but balcony only if there are people 13 or older in it (other categories, no problem. This year I am going on the Magic with my 11 and 9 year old, in 2 ocean views, as I am the only adult), Celebrity and RCI, like NCL restriction to across the hall or within 3 doors down

The reason I was told by my NCL rep last year that pre checkin was not showing up is that they do a mock reservation, fudging one of the kids' ages to allow the computer to make the reservation, take payment, etc. and then when you check in, in person, they change it to reflect their actual ages

We had an awesome time and it was great to have adjoining rooms, more space, 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs, 2 couches, etc. Have a great time!

The reason I was told by my NCL rep last year that pre checkin was not showing up is that they do a mock reservation, fudging one of the kids' ages to allow the computer to make the reservation, take payment, etc. and then when you check in, in person, they change it to reflect their actual ages

We had an awesome time and it was great to have adjoining rooms, more space, 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs, 2 couches, etc. Have a great time!

SO relieved to hear you say this!! We did a similar thing. We were originally booked in 1 balcony for the 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids) but when I saw the price go down, I took a chance and called NCL.. not only were we able to change our booking from 1 balcony to 2 adjoining balconies but we also got the UBP added for free. We got quite the deal!! The only thing that concerned me was that our rep had to "fudge" one of our kids ages and I have been worried that this may cause a problem for us to board (even though she assured me that it would not be a problem). So glad to hear that you were able to do the same thing without an issue!!