1:20 PM flight out of Hobby Airport

mark&christa

Good day we are booked on the Carnival Triumph disembarking at Galveston on Monday March 2, 2015. We are looking at a 1:20 PM flight onSouthwest. Will we have enough time to make the flight. We were planning to usr the Carnival lines shuttle to the airport. Carnival stated the earliest departure should be after 1:30 PM. Thanks for any help.

When I have booked cruise transfers to airport on other lines, they ask flight details. So until carnival is different, if you tell the cruise line your flight is 1:20, they probably won't let you book their transfer. So, you'd have to lie or book private transport to airport or chose another flight.

Your ship gets back to Galveston at 8:30 am on a Saturday. The last time that I was on the Triumph, our debarkation went really fast. The trip from the Galveston cruise port to Hobby Airport is around 1 hour. Unless you are very unlucky with fog (probably not a problem when you return in mid-March) or a horrific traffic problem, you should have no problem being at Hobby Airport by 12:30 pm to check in for your Southwest flight.

If you have to lie by 10 minutes about the departure time of your flight, that's what I'd do.

Edited by GradUT

Your ship gets back to Galveston at 8:30 am on a Saturday. The last time that I was on the Triumph, our debarkation went really fast. The trip from the Galveston cruise port to Hobby Airport is around 1 hour. Unless you are very unlucky with fog (probably not a problem when you return in mid-March) or a horrific traffic problem, you should have no problem being at Hobby Airport by 12:30 pm to check in for your Southwest flight.

If you have to lie by 10 minutes about the departure time of your flight, that's what I'd do.

I do not know if it would change your assessment or not, but perhaps you should re-read the original post and opine again.

They return to Galveston on a Monday, not a Saturday. I'm not local, but I bet there is far more traffic congestion on Monday morning than on Saturday.

They return on March 2, not Mid-March. again, I am not local, so I do not know if fog is more likely in early vs mid March.

Thanks, StarryEyes, I did mis-read the posting and thought they were embarking on the March 2nd cruise which returns to Galveston on Sunday, March 15th.

For a return on Monday, March 2nd, there will be some chance of fog (but still unlikely) and a definite increase of traffic. Nevertheless, with nearly 4 hours between the time your ship arrives (8:30 am) and the time you have to be at the airport (12:20 pm), you should be able to make it.

Also, if you are not from Texas, you may not know that March 2nd is Texas Independence Day. While it is a state holiday, it is not going to have any effect on traffic.

Inbound traffic will clear out by 9 a.m. unless there is an accident. Fog is a problem and can be a problem early March. But our fog lately has burned off by early morning and has not affected Galveston. That does NOT mean it won't. I would book the shuttle and as someone suggested say your flight leaves at 12:30. They don't need proof. As long as the fog is a factor then you will have plenty of time to make that flight.