Does at&t work in the Bahamas

spotter27

It works, but there is an additional charge. You can call them for rates, or find them on the AT&T website. I want to say it was something like $2.50 per minute and 50 cents per text. I don't know about data. I would just turn it off unless you were in a free wifi place.

Whatever you do, don't try to upload photos or video to social media. My friend tried this, thinking he was using AT&T or some free wifi but roaming charges killed him. It literally cost him $300 to upload a few pictures he had taken!!! He talked AT&T down to $100 but that was one very expensive Facebook post. :eek:

You must contact At&t and ask them to add international service to your plan or your phone won't work regardless of the price.

Unless you pay for a "package", calls are 2.99 per minute, $.50 for txt. Data will cost you a fortune without a paid package. I think data starts at $20 for a lite package.

Let me just add. Phone service, in general, is not dependable in the bahamas. Service goes down on a regular basis, sometimes for minutes, sometimes, hours or even days. So have a back up plan.

Edited by tikib