This is Why I Book ES

CruisingSoon88

We book the 4J class (interior with obstructed/walkway view) so there are typically around 16 cabins of this class on the ships we sail therefore rarely get a price drop.

But, I caught a $205 drop the other week and using 86,667 of our Carnival FunPoints credit card points I was able to get $1300 of the $1500 charge for the cruise on the Carnival card credited back. :D Also have the $100 shareholder OBC and our last $100 Future Cruise Credit OBC.

Currently it's $405 OBC and only $200 out of pocket for a 7 day on the Freedom in a 4J :cool:

We have saved $4600 on Carnival using the credit card and points earned, just have to be sure to pay off the balance every month... :)

OP, Thanks again for posting this. I won the ES battle with Carnival and now have $1426 OBC for our three cabins over Spring Break on the Paradise! Congrats to you and others who were able to take advantage of the Pack and Play promo!

Carnival didn't really lose much on us, as we booked the 8-night Conquest for June under the Pack and Play, and added a third person.

Happy Cruising.

Yay! Great job! Isn't it such a high? Yeah, they still got us, too. We are booked in April on the Conquest. It's a Premier cruise so they didn't give us the dates early enough to book ES. I won't even look at the rates because I'm afraid that they may drop and I don't have price protection.:eek: