Anthem Maiden Voyage 22nd APRIL 2015 - What to expect ?

EDL

Hi we are booked for the Maiden Voyage of Anthem of the Seas on 22nd APRIL from Southampton for 8 night cruise to Spain / France.

Having cruised all my life and mostly with RCI the one experience I have never had was to actually be on a Maiden Voyage. We are very excited.

So what should we expect to commemorate the special occasion ? Do we get Maiden Cruise Gifts ? Passenger Certificates ? Freebies or special events on board ?

Also I take it the ship will have it fair share of RCI top brass, celebrities, media, travel agents etc ?

I will be really special to be able to say I was on the Maiden Voyage of Anthem of the Seas..

Ed.

If it is like the Maiden voyage of Quantum, expect nothing special. (See various threads on their experience) If you end up receiving something, it will be a nice surprise vs expecting something and being disappointed. Hopefully, Anthem's will be different. Enjoy no matter what, this class of ship is wonderful.

Excellent advice, expect little and take it all in.. Did you get a certificate saying Maiden Voyage ? I can't wait.. I'm an iPad junky, love the tech and will embrace all the new additions at a pace fit for cruise holiday.. Usually with a glass in one hand.

Royal Caribbean has in no way labeled it as a maiden or inaugural. Considering that they denied the cruise sold as an inaugural being an inaugural and did nothing special, do not expect anything at all. If you do you will be disappointed and only have yourself to blame since in this case it can't be said they didn't deliver on their promises. You will however have a much smoother cruise I'd expect. With technology being digital it should be a much easier deployment for Anthem than Quantum since all the bugs can be worked out before then.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Hi, we are on this cruise too, first with RCI, at this stage all I'm hoping is that it's actually ready, float out is delayed and going by the pictures from the shipyard it seems to have a bit to go :eek:

Off course it's the Maiden Voyage ! First cruise with fee paying passengers. Every ship has a maiden voyage, if the APRIL 22nd isn't it then what is ? Up until that date we will have the delivery and sea tests. Embrace fellow passengers and enjoy the maiden voyage with us, stand proud in the knowledge that we shall be on her first proper sailing.. No infact her maiden voyage sailing.

Edited by EDL

Exactly my point. No matter how it's marketed it's still the official Maiden Voyage. Any freebies or comps will be a bonus but for the Anthem of the Seas passengers joining us in Southampton on April 22nd 2015 they will be on this ships Maiden Voyage. Oh yeah in its inaugural season lol.. But inaugural doesn't beat Maiden ! Sorry Derek .. Even Titanic had a famous Maiden Voyage from Southampton. Ed

Edited by EDL