Chef's Table on the DREAM

Lkozinko

We did the Chef's Table on the Dream this past October and we truly enjoyed it. the creativity was wonderful and presentation was beautiful. You are absolutely full by the end so be sure not to eat anything big that day and definitely pace yourself while you go through the different courses. Dress nice but comfortable (and in something that will not be tight around your mid-section later):D don't wear high heels or open toe shoes since you have dinner in the galley.

Chel Alan is a true culinary talent! I hope you are lucky enough to have him as your chef.

We have enjoyed the Chef's Table on many ships and truly, it is a wonderful experience. The food is incredible. And, it can be a wonderful dining adventure!

That said, our experience on the Dream last year, was horrible. On the Dream class ships, the Chef's Table is held in the galley, as opposed to a private dining room on other ships. All Chef's Tables begin in the galley, with appetizers, a presentation, welcome, and then a tour... It is awesome to see all of that and get a strong feel of how they prepare and put out all of that food daily.... but they all retire to a private, QUIET, dining area, away from the hustle and bustle of the galley.

Our experience on the Dream was that the Chef had to have a microphone to make his presentations, and we heard less than half of what he said. We were literally in a walkway where servers had to raise their trays over our heads to pass through. (Considering, several trays were dropped while we were there, it was scary!)We could NOT hear our fellow guests and therefore, there was no social conversation between us, even during the course breaks. We were rushed out in less than two hours.... it started at 6:30 and we were done and gone by 8:15. (that is appetizers, a tour, and seven courses. ) We were not pleased and hated that experience. It was so unlike all of our previous experiences.

The Chef's Table is a great place for fellow foodies to enjoy, savor, and discuss each course. It should be a dining experience. We just did not have that on the Dream. As a result, we ask before we book the Chef's Table, where it is held? If it is in the galley, we pass. I understand that the new Vista will have a glassed off room in the galley. I will still pass on that. I want the whole package, a complete dining experience. I want to VISIT the galley, but I do NOT want to eat there.

My two cents.

That said, our experience on the Dream last year, was horrible. On the Dream class ships, the Chef's Table is held in the galley, as opposed to a private dining room on other ships. All Chef's Tables begin in the galley, with appetizers, a presentation, welcome, and then a tour... It is awesome to see all of that and get a strong feel of how they prepare and put out all of that food daily.... but they all retire to a private, QUIET, dining area, away from the hustle and bustle of the galley.

Our experience on the Dream was that the Chef had to have a microphone to make his presentations, and we heard less than half of what he said. We were literally in a walkway where servers had to raise their trays over our heads to pass through. (Considering, several trays were dropped while we were there, it was scary!)We could NOT hear our fellow guests and therefore, there was no social conversation between us, even during the course breaks. We were rushed out in less than two hours.... it started at 6:30 and we were done and gone by 8:15. (that is appetizers, a tour, and seven courses. ) We were not pleased and hated that experience. It was so unlike all of our previous experiences.

The Chef's Table is a great place for fellow foodies to enjoy, savor, and discuss each course. It should be a dining experience. We just did not have that on the Dream. As a result, we ask before we book the Chef's Table, where it is held? If it is in the galley, we pass. I understand that the new Vista will have a glassed off room in the galley. I will still pass on that. I want the whole package, a complete dining experience. I want to VISIT the galley, but I do NOT want to eat there.

My two cents.

Very well said. My wife is a gourmet cook and we both are foodies. We really looked forward to hearing the chef's presentation, which between the noise and his accent we totally missed out on. The other thing is, at least for me, great, gourmet food needs to be experienced like fine art, in the correct environment. That noisy galley was not the place for that.

We both enjoyed it but it could have been so much better if we moved to a quiet location for the main meal.

We have enjoyed the Chef's Table on many ships and truly, it is a wonderful experience. The food is incredible. And, it can be a wonderful dining adventure!

My two cents.

Thank you very much for this information, it makes me think that we would not enjoy this experience at all. Being able to talk to others about the food is half of the fun.

LK