DiCap underwater housing

wmjivey

Going snorkeling in September but realized our waterproof cameras are a little long in tooth. Since I really don't use point and shoots I don't want to spend the money for a good one. Looking online for housings for my Sony a57 its $1200 for a pro model or $70 for a sealable bag that had good reviews. Putting a expensive camera in a bag to go in the ocean scares the bejesus out of me. Any one used one?

Going snorkeling in September but realized our waterproof cameras are a little long in tooth. Since I really don't use point and shoots I don't want to spend the money for a good one. Looking online for housings for my Sony a57 its $1200 for a pro model or $70 for a sealable bag that had good reviews. Putting a expensive camera in a bag to go in the ocean scares the bejesus out of me. Any one used one?

I've used one of these for the last four years while snorkeling with my point and shoot. Never had a problem with it leaking.

I'm planning to get one for my DSLR soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Dicapac-WP-ONE-Digital-Camera-Waterproof/dp/B005IAXVMG

Edited by astropilot

I've used one of these for the last four years while snorkeling with my point and shoot. Never had a problem with it leaking.

I'm planning to get one for my DSLR soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Dicapac-WP-ONE-Digital-Camera-Waterproof/dp/B005IAXVMG

I too have used a DicaPac for a number of years now for my point/shoot and have never had a problem with it. Just make sure you seal it well and clean it after you get back to the ship.