Grand Cayman - Tenders - Is this possible to do?

tbag124

I emailed Sharon at NativeWays and asked if we would be able to do the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion. We are in Grand Cayman on the Liberty w/ 4 other ships on 12/7/05. She said the tour will depart the pier at 9:30am and complete at 2:45pm Eastern time, no time difference between ship v. island time. We are supposed to be in Grand Cayman from 8am - 5pm, according to the itinerary, so will our last tender be at 4:30pm?

If so, I feel fine about the timing, we have some padding for "mishaps"...I've never been to Grand Cayman before, any insight on this?

Also, does anyone think it's better to just do a shorter Stringray City tour in the morning (maybe the Buccaneer?) and then have a couple hours to wander around?

I notice a lot of ships are only in Grand Cayman til 2 or 3pm. I was thinking that maybe we should do the RRR tour this time since we're there til 5pm and next time we go, we might not be?

I'm also posting this in the Grand Cayman forum. Just looking for as much advice as possible!! :o Thanks everyone!!! :)

We were on Grand Cayman last week. We did a scuba dive / snorkel trip and rented a wave runner at Sea Grape Beach as well.

I personally didn't see that much that was interesting to see by wandering around... so I'd do the longer Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion. I hear that's excellent.

You will have plenty of time. We did the RRR tour with Nativeway. I don't think we ended up leaving for the Marina until around 10:00. Our last tender was at 3:30 (island time), and we made it, no problem. So, if you have until 4:30, you have nothing to worry about. The captain of the boat checks with everyone to see when they need to get back and is very mindful of the time. Book it and enjoy it.

Thank you very much!! I think you have all reassured me about the timing. I think I'm going to book it today!! Now, I just have to get over my apprehension about the stingray/snorkling part!!! :o I know my BF will love it! So I guess I'm gonna give it a try!!! :)

Archived