GoPro Hero 4 Black edition. *Help*

Texasgalsa

I just bought one of these and I'm clueless about it! Can someone just simply tell me what the best setting to use for it for the best quality video? Settings for sunny days, underwater and then for low lighting at night....

I'm taking it on my cruise next month....

Appreciate the help!

Abe works for GoPro but is as unbiased as I have ever seen for technical person critiquing his own product. This link is his notes and recomendations for a Hero4:

http://abekislevitz.com/understanding-video-in-the-hero4/

I only have a "3" model, but have always been extremely satisfied with using 1080 resolution at 60 frames per second (FPS) for most daylight projects, including shallow snorkeling/water use.

Yours will do 1080 at 120 FPS, which is nice if you want to slow motion some of your footage later when making your movies.

Can't help with low-light, mine doesn't do it, so hopefully someone here does have one, or check Abe's recommendations on the link.

The biggest thing is get a quality Class 10 memory card! The higher/faster you shoot generates more and more digital information - and lower quality cards just can't keep up - even if they say Class 10. You will get drop outs, lost footage, corrupted files, etc.

Lastly - antifog strips. Really crucial when going in the water to keep the inside lens from fogging up. These little cameras generate decent amounts of heat and fogging can be an issue. If you do see it - last resort is hold the exterior lens against your tongue for a few seconds - it might clear it up a bit.

Also download Go-Pro Studio to convert the files to what you can run on your Mac or Winders machine for video mostly. If you try to run video out of the camera to a TV or computer, it will jitter and stop and start up again. The files do have to be converted to run. I have a 3+ I used all over Disney 2 years ago. Get an extra battery and more memory (definitely Class 10).

HD1080P@60fps Auto light adjust On forall outdoor to indoor with high level of light

Protunes On when indoors with ISO 800-1600 Sharpness down to Medium. EV to +1.0 and higher For Low level shots

FOV your preference wider more light in.

good luck and learn your camera.

I normally use 2k7@60fps for my GPH4BE or use HD720P@240fps for slow mo

Edited by gopro63