On Sapphire Alaska Cruise--When is best time to see Piano Man show??

AngelinaMaria

There is only one show for sure that I want to see on our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Sapphire and that is the Piano Man. I have been hearing about how hard it is to get a good seat and I'm not looking forward to it being a big hassle (we want this cruise to be relaxing which is why we will be skipping all the other shows). We have early traditional dining and are not night owls so the late showing would not be a good option for us. I have heard that this show is repeated later in the cruise and maybe even shown in the daytime one day.

Can you give me advice on when the show was the least crowded (although I'm sure each showing of this was standing room only because it has gotten so much good word of mouth)--or I should say when it was a little easier to get a decent seat without a 30-40 minute wait?? Is this even possible??

With early dining you have three choices for this show: 8:15 p.m., 10:15 p.m., or 2:30 p.m. the following day. We were on Sapphire two weeks ago, ship was sold out, and there were plenty of seats available for the 10:15 p.m. show. It's a little over an hour long, so even staying up for the late show will get you to bed before midnight.

With early dining you have three choices for this show: 8:15 p.m., 10:15 p.m., or 2:30 p.m. the following day.

That's interesting. Back in July on the Sapphire, Piano Man was Monday night at 8:00pm and 10:30pm and was repeated Tuesday night at 9:15pm.

There was a 2:30pm showing on Saturday of Curtain Up: A Salute to Broadway. This was a repeat of Friday night shows at 8:00pm and 10:15pm.

Well, I'll just plan on going right after dinner on Monday and hope for the best. I would really like it if they gave you the entire weeks patters on the first day so you can study them and figure out what you want to do for the week. That way I would know if they were doing a matinee of the Piano Man or not (I have heard some people say it wasn't shown in the day and some say it was).

Thanks.

Well, I'll just plan on going right after dinner on Monday and hope for the best. I would really like it if they gave you the entire weeks patters on the first day so you can study them and figure out what you want to do for the week. That way I would know if they were doing a matinee of the Piano Man or not (I have heard some people say it wasn't shown in the day and some say it was).

Thanks.

I agree, having all the patters at the beginning of the week would be helpful!

In the patter that listed the Piano Man for the evening, however, it did also list when the show would be repeated, so you will be able to know if and when they are doing a matinee show. It was the same for any other shows that was going to be repeated on a different night.

Archived