Just off the Dream

ejchron

We didn't do the Chef's Table. Sorry.

We had Cabins 2306 (Cove Balcony) and 2296 (interior). This was our second time on the Dream. We did the Key West/Bahamas run last May. Love the cove balconies. Preferably one that is forward of the midship elevators (this makes embarking/disembarking very convenient).

Roatan is one of my favorites. We've been there twice. Used Victor Bodden both times. We had a van/driver for the entire day, zip lines, monkeys, sightseeing, lunch at a local restaurant at the West End. Victor's team does an excellent job and is very cost effective.

Evan

Did your cove balcony have a mini fridge? Is that what they mean by mini bar? On Elation we did not have one and it is the one thing I really wish the cabin had. Any secret places you found on the ship? I hear Tandoori is amazing if you like Indian food. I am planning on running there as soon as we get on the boat!

I didn't hear that anyone died but I did hear a bright star call one day. Never heard any more about it.

It was warm enough to swim in Costa Maya (2nd port). Lots of people swimming in Roatan as well.

Our cove balcony had a mini-fridge. It was stocked well (mini-bar).

We ate at Tandoor every day. I really miss it :)

In NOLA, go to the WWII Museum. Worth every penny and then some.

Get tacos from Taceaux Loceaux. It's a truck. You can find them on Facebook. Message them and get their location. Well worth the detective work to find them. Amazing gourmet tacos. Rivals the original Torchy's in Austin.

St. James Cheese Company for lunch. Amazing sandwiches and they make their own pickles in-house. Go early and be prepared to wait.

I think Cafe Beignet is better than Cafe du Monde. Less crowded too. Try to avoid the cliche NOLA restaurants. Most of them are not as good as people say they are. I refuse to eat in a chain restaurant.

Edited by ejchron