Transportation from Vancouver to Pier

Lynda90

Yes I was thinking of flying in the same day. Portland, Oregon is only about an hour flight. I usually come in the night before but thought this would be ok since it's close. Any reason I shouldn't do this? Is there a shuttle to the pier?

You can easily do the plane to the ship on the same day provided you have an early flight and you use the USA Direct program. This program allows you to bypass Canadian customs at the airport and USA customs before boarding the ship. Your luggage goes from the plane directly to your stateroom. You must purchase transfers from the cruiseline for around $20.00USD.

It's worth it. We had a 7:45 flight out of Newark, NJ. We arrived in Vancouver around 10:30 AM PDT and we were having lunch on the ship by 12:15PM. BTW, the luggage arrived around 1:30PM.

If you decide to go the day before, it may be less hectic but you will have to pass through Canadian customs when you land and USA customs when you board the ship in Vancouver. The USA Direct program saves you about 2 hours of waiting on various lines.

Linda,

It is actually called US Direct and you can get all the info from the Port of Vancouver website.. http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/infoPassengers/usDirect.html

We have never used it because we always do a pre and post day stay but I have read where others swear by it. Hope this helps you and others.

Archived