Grand Turk - lighthouse

beshears

I could go to the Grand Turk area to check this out, but though someone on here may be able to advise me.

I had read that there is an Island Tram tour that will take you around and to see the lighthouse. If you have taken this tour, where can we pick it up, what is the cost pp, and how long is the tour?

I could go to the Grand Turk area to check this out, but though someone on here may be able to advise me.

I had read that there is an Island Tram tour that will take you around and to see the lighthouse. If you have taken this tour, where can we pick it up, what is the cost pp, and how long is the tour?

Yes. Island Trams. About $20 or less pp - don't think they charged for our 9 yo. Walk to the left from the pier down the path/beach. You will see them a few hundred yards down - they have to be off the carnival property. It is a great tour - probably 2-3 hours? You get to see the whole island and they take you back to the port. The view from the lighthouse over the ocean is awesome. Oh - and they sell salt. It's delicious.

They get great reviews on TA

Edited by A&Jfamily

We rented scooters from Tony's car rentals and had a blast. Not the question you were asking and not everyone's cup of tea, but for others who are checking out this thread and considering ways to get to see the island and get to the lighthouse, I don't think anything could beat this.

We took a cab/tour last week. We had nothing planned so we just walked to the left and there were a lot of cabs and vans so we hooked in with a group that went on an island tour. Harley or hawley can't quite remember but great tour 25$ a person and he stopped a number of times and let us venture a bit. He than took us to the lighthouse for pictures etc. they were building a zip line at the lighthouse that should be ready he stated in a month. He also had wifi on his van if anyone wanted it. Great little tour .ImageUploadedByForums1423653699.304168.jpg.d7c31e4fd3dd7f2e93d82228925dc2c6.jpg. Here's a picture of the donkeys roaming. If you rent a cart etc be extremely aware that they are all over running loose.

Edited by kamac56

kamac56, you said the Island tram tour cost $25.00 per per? I wonder if they raised their rates, or it is another tram service? The reason I say, when I looked it up, the rate was $30.00 & up. That is why I wondered if it was the same one, or they have different tours/routes that they take?