I am wondering what time to show up at New Orleans

gladimhere

cruise terminal to avoid lines I have one FTTF pass for two rooms and I officially give up trying to get two,I have been checking daily since two months ago so plan B is to show up after lines.Any opinions would be greatly appreciated I love to get on ship early just dont want mother to have to stand in long lines and sart cruise with leg pain

Since you do have one FTTF, I would arrive at 10AM.

It will mean a long wait after you check in, but you will be sitting down and there is a snack bar there.

We usually arrive from 10 to 10:30 and do not see a lot of long lines. We are Diamond but we can still see the other lines.

When you first arrive, you take the "group picture" immediately before Security. So that is helpful for folks who have to go different places to check in.

Then you go through Security.

Then you go sit down until they call your number to come check in. It is a small terminal, so she could remain seated until you walk up to the agent.

The walk up the gangplank can be tough on some older passengers and you can arrange for a wheelchair to assist her onto the ship.

You can email http://www.specialneeds@carnival.com to request a wheelchair to board.

Generally Wedding Parties board first, then Diamond, Plats, Suites and FTTF board and then wheelchairs board....

We have sailed out of New Orleans over 20 times....the earliest we have boarded is 11:15am.....but it can be as late as 12:30pm IF the US Coast Guard or US Customs pull a surprise inspection.

I know that means a long wait, but you are seated and lots of folks get there early because that means their cruise vacation starts early.

Hope it all goes well.

Edited by LHP

Since you do have one FTTF, I would arrive at 10AM.

It will mean a long wait after you check in, but you will be sitting down and there is a snack bar there.

We usually arrive from 10 to 10:30 and do not see a lot of long lines. We are Diamond but we can still see the other lines.

When you first arrive, you take the "group picture" immediately before Security. So that is helpful for folks who have to go different places to check in.

Then you go through Security.

Then you go sit down until they call your number to come check in. It is a small terminal, so she could remain seated until you walk up to the agent.

The walk up the gangplank can be tough on some older passengers and you can arrange for a wheelchair to assist her onto the ship.

You can email http://www.specialneeds@carnival.com to request a wheelchair to board.

Generally Wedding Parties board first, then Diamond, Plats, Suites and FTTF board and then wheelchairs board....

We have sailed out of New Orleans over 20 times....the earliest we have boarded is 11:15am.....but it can be as late as 12:30pm IF the US Coast Guard or US Customs pull a surprise inspection.

I know that means a long wait, but you are seated and lots of folks get there early because that means their cruise vacation starts early.

Hope it all goes well.

that would work thanks