Golf Carts- Karib Rentals

B and B Rookie Cannucks

I have just returned from my cruise and wanted to report back about my experience with Karib Rentals. Let me give a brief background. I have been to Grand Turk many times on cruise and love the island! The best way to see the island is by golf cart or scooter. Previously I have rented golf carts from Nathan (3 times) and when I tried to contact him for this cruise he never did answer any of my requests. So I had read a little on Cruise Critic about Karib rentals and thought I would give them a try. First let me say if you want to see the island by golf cart you really should pre book. They have very limited supply and are often fully booked. The 4 seaters cost $100 for the day plus gas (maybe 6-8 dollars). The name of the young lad that runs the business is Max Latortue. I was talking to him about how his change in policy (he now asks for a credit card deposit) is concerning some people when in the past he didn't require a deposit it was on the honour system. He said people were booking carts and he was holding them for people then the people wouldn't show up and then he would lose out on a rental. This is a very sweet young man (25 ) I asked him! Working hard to establish a business. He provides an excellent map of the island and also verbal directions/recommendations. This is a very safe island and the local people are very friendly! We covered almost the entire island from Pillory beach to the lighthouse visited with the wild donkeys roaming around the lighthouse then down the other end of the island. Driving on the left side of the road was never an issue you just had to think a little more when you made turns at intersections. I don't think I saw a single stop light on the entire island. Happy to answer any questions !