Carnival Sunshine 5346 Promenade Deck 5 Pictorial Review Dec-14

mattjs

This is awesome! The pictures are great. During the last sale, I changed from a spa interior on the Sunshine to an OV on Deck 5 aft. I'd love an Aft balcony even more but they are all booked. I'm keeping an eye out, though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great location! Didn't hear any noise from deck 5 only thing we did hear a little is music from the dinning room

Under us on deck 4 but wasn't bad at all. 1st day we could hear our neighbors when they were on their balcony but we got use to that. Loved laying out there playing scrabble with my hubby on the sea day. We did find all

To decorating pillows a pain to find a spot for them and a Rec table. We ended up putting the ottoman under the table and slide both into the spot for the ottoman. It stuck out a little but not to bad.

Last thing to note and our room steward(I don't remember her name). We didn't see to much of her. She often came late to make up the room and to do

Turn down service. It's not an overly bad thing just something we weren't use to. We also didn't get a towel animal the 1st night because she was running behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great location! Didn't hear any noise from deck 5 only thing we did hear a little is music from the dinning room

Under us on deck 4 but wasn't bad at all. 1st day we could hear our neighbors when they were on their balcony but we got use to that. Loved laying out there playing scrabble with my hubby on the sea day. We did find all

To decorating pillows a pain to find a spot for them and a Rec table. We ended up putting the ottoman under the table and slide both into the spot for the ottoman. It stuck out a little but not to bad.

Last thing to note and our room steward(I don't remember her name). We didn't see to much of her. She often came late to make up the room and to do

Turn down service. It's not an overly bad thing just something we weren't use to. We also didn't get a towel animal the 1st night because she was running behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, I wonder if she's at the end of contract. My kids would be so disappointed to not have a towel animal every night.

Did your balcony gets lot of sun or is it partially covered?

I can't thank you (and the origins poster!) enough for taking the time to post pictures and feedback. So helpful!

-Kelly

Yea! We will be in 5345 in Sept. and yes it is accessible. Loved your pictures but I am reading on deck plans that the dining room is 2 decks down. Have they miscued?

:confused:

Sorry. I miscued. I was thinking about another cruise I'm going on. Different ship.

Carnival Sunshine 5346 Promenade Deck 5 Pictorial Review Dec-14

Stateroom Location

deck-5%201_zpsgfrxfcfn.jpg

5346 is among the newly added bank of staterooms on the Promenade deck. Before the Destiny was converted to Sunshine, this location was former Criterion Loung. This particular stateroom is below other staterooms and above the aft Sunrise Dining room.

The door is visible from the elevator bank, but we heard neither elevator nor Ocean Plaza noise. These cabins were newly added during the conversion and were pristine.

One of the perks of this location is the small breakfast buffet they open in the Taste Bar each morning. Seating is plentiful and far less chaotic than the lido.

IMG_8856_zpshxrt2tqk.jpg

IMG_8854_zpstinibfjh.jpg

We are booking a cruise and have a choice between this cabin and the cabin 5342 which is the end cabin. Do you think your cabin would be better or the end? Thank you so much!

Hi threesister. I honestly don't know if there is any difference. If you can get 5344 or 5345, they are larger. The far end staterooms on both sides are suites.

5345 looks the same size on deck plans? Is it an accessible room? Usually those cabins have less furniture/closets and have more floor space.

5345 looks the same size on deck plans? Is it an accessible room? Usually those cabins have less furniture/closets and have more floor space.

Yes, the deck plan is not representative. One of my photos shows the neighboring balcony. The stateroom and balcony were significantly wider. There may have been a ramp from the sliding door threshold; it could be an accessible room.

Yes, the deck plan is not representative. One of my photos shows the neighboring balcony. The stateroom and balcony were significantly wider. There may have been a ramp from the sliding door threshold; it could be an accessible room.

Gotcha.

I found pics of the interior of 5345 and it is very spacious. Unfortunately for us, it only has beds for 3 and we are a family of 4.

Thank you again for your post, Mattjs!

• 2 months later...
Gotcha.

I found pics of the interior of 5345 and it is very spacious. Unfortunately for us, it only has beds for 3 and we are a family of 4.

Thank you again for your post, Mattjs!

ship allows roll aways

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Great review! My family has rooms 5351 and 5353 booked for June and I loved hearing about the small breakfast buffet near the rooms! I wish we could get a balcony room like yours, oh well maybe next time!

Would you happen to have any pictures that you might be able to post? Thinking of booking this room for our next cruise? Also, do you know the square footage of the room? Are all the rooms in this area of the ship newly built?

Would appreciate any feedback anyone has on these rooms:)

With thanks,

K

Would you happen to have any pictures that you might be able to post? Thinking of booking this room for our next cruise? Also, do you know the square footage of the room? Are all the rooms in this area of the ship newly built?

With thanks,

K

I would post pics but we haven't cruised yet, it's not until June 15. From what I understand they are newer rooms as well.

With thanks,

K

All the cabins on this deck are new. Not sure of the square footage but the way everything is set up in these 4 inside cabins, it seems larger.

We were in 5353 in December and next February have the same cabin again. Friends cruising with us have booked 5351 and 5349. We all love this location. Love being able to just walk out to the taste bar for breakfast. Few people know about it so not busy at all.

Never heard any noise or sounds from the dining room below but it could be that we were never in the cabin when the fining room was in use.:)

I don't have pix posted to any websites so can't post them here. Email me at

marysfm at rogers dot com and I will email you pix of 5353.

Do you know if there was a partition between 5346 and 5347? We are traveling with others and would love to open up into a big balcony.

Stayed in 5347. There was a door in the balcony partition that looked like it could be open. But the partition itself is triangular shaped and most narrow near the railing. So if we stood there we could see and talk to our neighbors next to us. (Not very private).