Cruising on Halloween

dkc1973

We are not really into celebrating Halloween but due to work scheduling we are considering a cruise with dates that include Halloween. I’m sure that means we would have plenty folks running around in costumes and we have no issue with that. But I do wonder about any other things we might not have thought about. So……

Are there any major reasons TO or NOT TO cruise on Halloween?

Best cruises ever have been at Halloween, there is no reason to not to go. Even if you do not want to participate go...the crowds are much more fun. I love them and do the full costume thing its a blast, but you don't have to to, but I suggest you do...its like being a kid again. Note I am biased...I'm a big Halloween freak.

Our Halloween cruise was the most fun I have ever had on Ship. It was on the Dream in 2010. Basically everyone was assigned to a team and your team voted on 3 best costumes per team. Then basically everyone went around the ship to different contests and games, then by the end of the night everyone gathered on deck to vote for best over all costume.

I am a little biased because I won the Ships costume Contest

Edited by The_Geek

We are not Halloween-dress-up folks either but did wear a Halloween themed shirt on the 31st.

It was fun to see others in their costumes..... some were quite elaborate. There were costume contests for both the adults and children as well as special music and special desserts in the MDR.

In addition, it was very entertaining to walk the decks of the ship and see other passenger's cabin door decorations. We did participate in doing this but in a scaled-down version not over-the-top like some.

Sailing over Halloween was the best cruise so far.

Go for it and see for yourself.

Sailed on a Halloween cruise back in 2012 and that was one of the most fun cruises!!! Most of my party wore costumes but there were a few that decided not to dress up and that's okay too. Everyone had a great time! There was a huge costume deck party. You didn't have to dress up to go to it either... It was fun seeing everyone really get into it :)

Edited by bajangoddess82

I was on one a couple of Halloweens ago. I was solo and enjoyed looking at all the great costumes. I was so entertained watching it all that I forgot to go to dinner! They had special backdrops for pictures and trick or treating stations set up for the kids. There was also a costume contest. It was really fun. The ship was decorated in different areas.

We loved cruising on Halloween. It fell on the last night, but throughout the cruise their were numerous Halloween photo ops, decorations around the ship and a fun vibe. A lot of people were dressed up, the kids trick or treat was cute and there was a special dessert in the MDR. Would definitely sail on Halloween again and we are people who really could take it or leave it when at home.

Halloween cruising is great! We stock up on dollar store decorations and decorate our hallway/cabin/balcony doors. Lots of fun!

LOVINCRUIZIN, thanks for the idea. I know DH won't care if i put a couple of things in my suitcase! We always have something on the door for Halloween and give out candy, so this will just be a bit different. Of course, this is a 14-day cruise so it won't stay up the whole time!LOL