RSVP Feb 2016 on Nieuw Amsterdam

Boytjie

Interesting! Atlantis is back to two sailings next year in the Caribbean so they probably didn't want to charter a ship the size of Regal again. Third year in a row that the dates don't align with my work schedule =(

Hope you had a great time boytjie besides the unexpected detour. Watched the packed sail away.

Edited by absolutboy20

I hear alot of guys happy to return to HAL. Why? Is it the service? I've only been on MSC and Princess Regal with RSVP and Norwegian Breakaway straight cruise.

Since we did a lot of RSVP cruises on HAL, being familiar with the layout of the ship is one plus. The service has always been very good and the same goes for the food. There is only one dining room (on two levels) so no shuttling between the different dining rooms like on the Divina and the Regal.

I do prefer the parties on the aft deck - the dance floor isn't broken up into different areas the way it often happens when it is around the midship pools. The large TV screen will be missing though and DJ Tony Built has used it so well.

Since we did a lot of RSVP cruises on HAL, being familiar with the layout of the ship is one plus. The service has always been very good and the same goes for the food. There is only one dining room (on two levels) so no shuttling between the different dining rooms like on the Divina and the Regal.

I do prefer the parties on the aft deck - the dance floor isn't broken up into different areas the way it often happens when it is around the midship pools. The large TV screen will be missing though and DJ Tony Built has used it so well.

Thank you Peter. So looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...

When I signed up, RSVP told me that the cruise was already 50% sold. I'll bet there are a lot of guys glad to see Holland America back. The Princess was fine for a one-shot (you should pardon the expression), but I much prefer a HAL ship.

FYI for those who were on the 2015 Carib Cruise - sad to report that performer Cashetta passed away in her sleep Sunday night. She had been performing for the winter in Puerto Vallarta. Terrible loss. Great talent. She will be missed.

• 5 weeks later...

We are presently on this cruise, those who know me know about my serious health issue...I hope to hear I get on the Liver Transplant list this week, I took the insurance, something I never bother with. Think of me, and please sign an OrganDonor Card...the life you save may be mine.:)

We are presently on this cruise, those who know me know about my serious health issue...I hope to hear I get on the Liver Transplant list this week, I took the insurance, something I never bother with. Think of me, and please sign an OrganDonor Card...the life you save may be mine.:)

Good luck and keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...
RSVP does it again... two party themes are already announced!

The color tea-dance on February 14th is Violet and February 9th is a Mardi Gras theme party.

How is this possible? Feb 14th is the day the cruise ends in Ft. Lauderdale at 7am.

:)

We are considering jumping back on to RSVP for this cruise and will be officially deciding this weekend.