Fttf question

Cruisegirl6

Hello, We always purchase the FTTF but usually we want to get off the ship early which always worked out perfectly for us. This next cruise we are not in a hurry getting off, I read that FTTF also allows for late disembarkation I have a few questions if anybody can answer them for us:

1- When you chose late, how late is it exactly?

2- When you disembark late, was there long lines of people getting off the ship

3- Was customs still backed up

4- What time do you have to leave the cabin by?

We were on the Conquest last year. We didn't have FTTF so we had to wait until our number was called. I don't remember the number but we were among the last off. (not by choice) We were on the 8th deck mid-ship balcony.

1. I think we were called to get off around 9:30

2. yes, long lines

3. Yes, backed up. We were happy to finally be off the ship then we waited in customs even longer.

4. I believe we had to leave our cabin by 8:00? They rushed us through breakfast in the MDR then we sat and waited. There is nothing to do so we sat in the chilly morning sun on the lido deck.

Hello, We always purchase the FTTF but usually we want to get off the ship early which always worked out perfectly for us. This next cruise we are not in a hurry getting off, I read that FTTF also allows for late disembarkation I have a few questions if anybody can answer them for us:

1- When you chose late, how late is it exactly?

You can stay until they call the last group off the ship if you desire. We have remained on as late as 10:00 or so enjoying breakfast on the Lido deck. (later on sailing where we arrived late to the port, or the start of disembarkation was delayed)

2- When you disembark late, was there long lines of people getting off the ship

We haven't experienced any difference in the wait at customs from getting off the ship early or late. With the exception of an express disembarkation for a Carnival supplied transfer we have always experienced a line one way or the other.

3- Was customs still backed up

Never disembarked that customs didn't have a line. I haven't noticed much difference between leaving in Zone 1 or in the last zone to disembark.

4- What time do you have to leave the cabin by?

Regardless of when you plan to disembark, you are supposed to vacate your stateroom by 8:30. I know others say that you can put your "do not disturb" sign out and stay in your room until about 9:15, but we never have.