Where to sign up

ktbmhb

So I've been reading and asking, Where do I sign up for the mixology/tasting events when boarding? I'm getting 2 different reviews. I know it could be different on each sailing.

I'm either going to GS or up to the adult area in one of the bars for signing up for these events.

Sound like I may have to send half our group one way and the other in the other direction and keep in touch thru cell phones.

right?

Things vary with the ship and with the cruise. Our most recent cruise (late September) was on the Magic and sign up was at Guest Services. On the Fantasy, it was in one of the bar areas.

What you should do is to READ the Welcome Aboard Navigator that is available in the terminal. It will tell you where all sign ups are for all events.

We often do "divide on conquer," sending one adult to do one thing and the other adult to do another--for example, one might go to do character tickets and another to dining changes. Generally you need one adult from each cabin to make reservations. One person usually will not be permitted to make a reservation for people not in their cabin, although this is sometimes not the case for adult dining with linked reservations.

ALL the location info you need will be in the Welcome Aboard Navigator and will be accurate for YOUR cruise.

We have always signed up at guest services. I am betting even if they have the sign up at a bar, you can always still go to guest services. We also generally have 2 rooms of adults and have our reservations connected, so one of us may make tasting reservations for all 4. I don't know how it works if your reservations are not connected. I think for many of the tastings the fees are non-refundable after you purchase, because they are limited in seating. We always enjoy the tastings! Have a great time!

We were just on the Fantasy and signed up the day of for each of the two tastings we did at Guest Services.

The second one was on our 6th day and hadn't sold out the morning of. However, at our first, people showed up w/o tickets. The bartender teaching was tried to accommodate most (and charge after) but couldn't accept all who showed w/o a ticket so I would definitely plan ahead and get tix.

Another tip - you can check the schedule using the DCL app because you can see other tastings and events later in the week w/o having to wait for that day's navigator.

Both my cruise (2013 Fantasy & 2014 Dream) tasting sign ups were in the bar area (district/Europa) not at GS. But I have heard of them being at GS, so just check the navigator when you board.

Mixology is fun!! But eat before you go!! I left with a buzz. :p