Texas City Drop-off

mm3386

Hi all,

We are cruising out of Galveston on 5/16 and are flying into IAH the day before. We have made a reservation with Enterprise for a rental car with pick-up at the airport and drop-off in Texas City (the woman I spoke with stated the Galveston Enterprise was not offering one-way drop off). Can anyone tell me if Enterprise offers drop-off at the cruise port like I've heard Avis/Budget do? If so, what is the cost? Alternatively, does anyone know what the taxi cost is from Texas City to Galveston?

Also, we are still looking at pre-cruise hotels for the night before. Can anyone recommend a hotel in the Texas City or NASA area?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In Texas City there are several : Best Western(ask for Manager's Special),

Holiday Inn Express, Country Inn & Suites.

For one near NASA, check: Webster, League City, Clear Lake you'll find almost

all of the chain hotels.

Hope this helps.

Cruzin Lady

Hi all,

We are cruising out of Galveston on 5/16 and are flying into IAH the day before. We have made a reservation with Enterprise for a rental car with pick-up at the airport and drop-off in Texas City (the woman I spoke with stated the Galveston Enterprise was not offering one-way drop off). Can anyone tell me if Enterprise offers drop-off at the cruise port like I've heard Avis/Budget do? If so, what is the cost? Alternatively, does anyone know what the taxi cost is from Texas City to Galveston?

Also, we are still looking at pre-cruise hotels for the night before. Can anyone recommend a hotel in the Texas City or NASA area?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I suggest you call Enterprise in Texas City and ask them if they provide the service you desire. As far as I know they do not do it; if they don't have the service now, if enough people call asking for it, maybe they will consider adding the service. Worth a shot if you are loyal to Enterprise.

The Avis Texas City location is right off the highway leading to Galveston. We stayed atnthe Hapton Inn a stones throw away and enjoyed our stay there. other hotels nearby looked fine, too. I believe the Enterprise location is in a different part of Texas City, perhaps a further distance from Galveston port. I do not know the cost or reliability of Taxis in Texas City; again a phone call to the local taxi company is advisable.

We are renting a car from Avis at Hobby when we come in and are going to stay at the BestWestern Mainland in Texas City. The Avis place has a shuttle that goes out to Galveston for $50 However when I was talking to the Person at the desk at the hotel today she mentioned that there was a VIP shuttle service that has very inexpensive transfers out to Galvestion It's VIP shuttle service and we were quoted $25 for BOTH of us to Galveston Cruise terminal. There are several VIP places that pop up on the internet that are NOT them. They don't have a website so I don't know how reliable they are but for $25 that's the best offer we've had even the $50 for Avis isn't bad.