Freeport Bahamian Brewery

elainmir

Carnival it seems is either not offering the brewery excursion on our cruise or it's not opened up. I see that I can do it cheaper on my own. But I have questions for those who have done the brewery tour.

1. How far from the cruise port is the brewery?

2. How much are taxi's ? or local buses?

3. How long was your tour?

Thanks guys!

Anything else I should think of doing?

• 1 month later...

Nothing opened on excursion wise on our trip coming up but I read somewhere that the beer is served warm! Please say this isn't so! We have just decided at this point to show up grab a cheap taxi and do the tour!

It is not in walking distance but is a short ride if you can get a cab to take you. We had trouble getting a cab because they are all vans and want to be full before leaving. No one else was going to the brewery at 10 am when we were there. Finally got a cab to take us. $5 for the tour and all you can drink in the tasting room. :-) hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Carnival it seems is either not offering the brewery excursion on our cruise or it's not opened up. I see that I can do it cheaper on my own. But I have questions for those who have done the brewery tour.

1. How far from the cruise port is the brewery?

2. How much are taxi's ? or local buses?

3. How long was your tour?

Thanks guys!

Anything else I should think of doing?

1. The brewery was a 10-15 minute cab ride from the port area.

2. Cabs were $7 per person each way within the gated area of the port. You can have someone at the brewery call a cab for you when you are ready to leave.

3. We've done it twice (4 of us plus guide each time - basically a private tour!) and the tour itself was 30 - 45 minutes depending on how detailed you want the guide to be and if you have lots of questions. We stayed in the tasting area, which is a bar set up, for a very long time! Be advised there are no munchies at the bar, however there are some snacks (chips, crackers, candy bars) for sale along with wines, beers, and spirits downstairs in the store area.

We had a lot of fun for a minimal cost.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I heard from the brewery by email. The tour is $10 per person but the place is closed on the weekends. Only open M-F 8 to 5.

So not available for our cruise at all. Too bad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums