Cost of cruise has gone down, are we entitled to pay lower price?

We booked Anthem of the Seas early January. RCI have now reduced the price of this cruise with a slightly different offer. Our booking included drinks and grats. The new offer is drinks and OBC. I have deducted the grats from our total and the OBC from the new officer leaving the price for cruise and drinks. The new offer is £200 less that what we paid. Does RCI have a policy regarding reduced prices if you haven't paid the balance of your cruise? I have a vague recollection from somewhere that if you haven't paid your balance, you are entitled to the lower fare - or is this just in "my world"?:confused:

We booked Anthem of the Seas early January. RCI have now reduced the price of this cruise with a slightly different offer. Our booking included drinks and grats. The new offer is drinks and OBC. I have deducted the grats from our total and the OBC from the new officer leaving the price for cruise and drinks. The new offer is £200 less that what we paid. Does RCI have a policy regarding reduced prices if you haven't paid the balance of your cruise? I have a vague recollection from somewhere that if you haven't paid your balance, you are entitled to the lower fare - or is this just in "my world"?:confused:

I recently contacted our TA after reading on here people had got the new lower price.

We have actually paid up in full, she did say we could have switched though, however for us it wasn't worth it as the value of our freebies was about the same as the discount - and assuming there would be a charge to either cancel/ rebook or amend, then we would have ended up paying more.

However if you haven't yet paid in full, and you have calculated a saving I would ask. According to another poster, TA's might be a bit reluctant because they get less commission, but technically they can do it.

If it's a uk booking, this policy no longer applies. You can't get the reduced fare... You may be able to upgrade your cabin... But that's about it.

People have said they recently got UK bookings changed? Mine is a UK booking, they were prepared to do it, but it wasn't worth it.

People have said they recently got UK bookings changed? Mine is a UK booking, they were prepared to do it, but it wasn't worth it.

Last year the price of our cruise dropped by £1700 and we had paid in full. I phoned royal and asked if they would be able to price match, they said yes but I would loose my drinks package and on board credit. I was happy to loose this as I was getting the refund.

Royal honoured price drop got cash within the week and for some reason I still had the packages and credit.

I would suggest you phone and try, they can only say no.

Gilly