Question about Shore Diving - Sunset House

Dabaras

I have a question for anyone who has done shore diving at Sunset House in Cayman. When I asked about renting a locker, I was told that it all depends on how many guests were using them and wouldn't commit. Has anyone been successful or unsuccessful in getting a locker there. I want to be able to switch between Wide Angle and Macro setups on my dSLR rig, but don't want to leave anything out while diving.

they are telling you the right stuff

folks staying at the Inn get first dibs on the lockers ... if the house is full there can be no lockers to rent out. No all divers take lockers, and not everyone who stays at Sunset IS a diver ... but divers get one if they ask ... it is tied to the 'package'. I usually am allowed one locker per room . . I have seen days when there were lockers available ... in just depends.

I've got on the order of 20 trips to Sunset since the 80's

best recommendation is to bring a non-diver to watch your stuff ... buy 'em a beer and lunch! It's a nice place to hang out.

I leave my stuff on the shore, as do many others, never had a problem but camera gear would be pushing it I suppose.

Edited by Capt_BJ

they are telling you the right stuff

folks staying at the Inn get first dibs on the lockers ... if the house is full there can be no lockers to rent out. No all divers take lockers, and not everyone who stays at Sunset IS a diver ... but divers get one if they ask ... it is tied to the 'package'. I usually am allowed one locker per room . . I have seen days when there were lockers available ... in just depends.

I've got on the order of 20 trips to Sunset since the 80's

best recommendation is to bring a non-diver to watch your stuff ... buy 'em a beer and lunch! It's a nice place to hang out.

I leave my stuff on the shore, as do many others, never had a problem but camera gear would be pushing it I suppose.

I trust people not to walk off with my towel and flip flops. My $500 macro lens? Not so much. I guess I will just go with Eden Rock. They will have lockers and it is still a fantastic dive.