Seat Certificate $100000 Slot Tournament

gwb3636

I see some of these on an auction website and have a couple questions - one gives the name of the owner and another one gives a promo code or something when booking the cruise - this cruise sails out of New Orleans on 5/24/15.

1. It is legal for me to buy this as the auction says it is fully transferable?

2. In spite of a name on it that would not be a problem?

3. Would I have to pay an entry fee to get in the tournament?

4. Could I actually get a discounted cruise giving the promo code listed on the certificate

Never saw or heard of this before as I basically play the slots betting pennies at a time if I can (and drinking wine). Any input appreciated!

Edited by gwb3636

I see some of these on an auction website and have a couple questions - one gives the name of the owner and another one gives a promo code or something when booking the cruise - this cruise sails out of New Orleans on 5/24/15.

4. Could I actually get a discounted cruise giving the promo code listed on the certificate

Never saw or heard of this before as I basically play the slots betting pennies at a time if I can (and drinking wine). Any input appreciated!

Yes, it is legal to buy them. Don't know all the details. Sorry.

I had won one last year and auctioned it off. All I needed to do was to send an email to Carnival with the name of the person I was transferring the certificate to. I had to sign the back and write the new owners name in. You can call and get the discount by using the promo code, although there were better options available at the time.

I had won one last year and auctioned it off. All I needed to do was to send an email to Carnival with the name of the person I was transferring the certificate to. I had to sign the back and write the new owners name in. You can call and get the discount by using the promo code, although there were better options available at the time.

This is correct information. One name transfer is allowed. I had 2 seats last year I didn't use, and have 1 already this year that I do not plan to use. IMO the cruise is overpriced, even with the discount, to cover the cost of the tournament.

I won one of those certificates too, and when I found out the price of the cruise I didn't even consider going. I would be going solo and it was nearly $2000 for a 7 day cruise in an inside cabin. That's the discount price. But yes, they are transferrable one time and lots of people are auctioning them off. I'm just going to keep mine for a souvenir.

I won one of those certificates too, and when I found out the price of the cruise I didn't even consider going. I would be going solo and it was nearly $2000 for a 7 day cruise in an inside cabin. That's the discount price. But yes, they are transferrable one time and lots of people are auctioning them off. I'm just going to keep mine for a souvenir.

Wow..good specifics as a solo to know..thanks...

Thanks for the info. I did a test booking and wow the prices are VERY high. I did not see a place where I could enter the promo code. So if I did buy one of the certificates and the name was switched to me would it then allow me to enter the promo code? But from what everyone has said the promo code does not discount much from perhaps the vipf rate or whatever? But I still would like to know if you have to pay for the tournament even if you have a seat and also I presume it is like what I have seen where you just keep pushing the button for 5 minutes or whatever? Are there lots of prizes? Any input appreciated.

I won two of them also. I was told that yes they are transferrable one time only. You can then book with the code, likely by calling carnival or TA. The slot tournament entry fee is then free for you. I believe it is a $500 entry fee for this sailing. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on that. Sorry, but I don't have a breakdown of the prizes. Due to health reasons I will not be able to go, so I have two for sale.

For anyone interested in pricing it out, call 1-866-766-7730, and the price code is PFS. If you buy someone's "Seat Certificate," that is your admission to the tournament. I don't know how it works exactly except that there are lots of rounds and one final round. The top 50 contestants get prizes. First place gets $50,000, 2nd place gets $15,000 and 3rd place gets $10,000. Beyond that I don't know except that everyone in the top 50 gets at least $150, from what I have read. I hope this helps.

Edited by nwcruiselover

The info about the ability to transfer was my experience as well. We were on the Breeze in November for the slot finals(my husband was in it). It was fun and exciting. He made it through 2 days and then was out, but we still had a great time. One thing you might want to keep in mind- we found that because you have a cruise ship where most guests enjoy the slots, it was nearly impossible to get a machine, and certainly not the one you might want to play. On a positive note, we had no trouble whatsoever getting deck chairs whenever we wanted them!

• 7 months later...
I won two of them also. I was told that yes they are transferrable one time only. You can then book with the code, likely by calling carnival or TA. The slot tournament entry fee is then free for you. I believe it is a $500 entry fee for this sailing. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on that. Sorry, but I don't have a breakdown of the prizes. Due to health reasons I will not be able to go, so I have two for sale.

Ballinafad - do you still have two certificates for sale? If so and they are on the Breeze for Nov. 7 I may be interested. Please email me at mycountryshine at gmail dot com! Thank you!

• 4 months later...