More sunbeds on the Dream

I have just received the following email from Thomson about my forthcoming cruise on the Dream:-

'We pride ourselves on listening to our customers. And one of the things we hear a lot is that you’d like to see more sun loungers on our ships.

With that in mind, we’ve converted the Sports Deck into a chic new sunbathing space called The Sun Lounge. The Sports Deck was very rarely used and we feel a sun deck is a much better fit with the majority of our customers.

The work has already been completed, and took place during the ship’s routine maintenance break in November - along with a refresh to some of the other areas on board.

What does this mean for you? Well, there won’t be a Sports Deck anymore. But you can expect new dining experiences and a fresh-look for some of our bars.

We’re looking forward to your visit and hope you have a fantastic time on board'.

Regular maintenance break. Funny - I thought they had passengers on board while doing this. I had a wander up there while on the Dream in January and it is packed with sunbeds, but we were happy with our usual Lido spaces. There is a little bar up there, but I only went up early morning so cannot comment on it's use at all.

I cannot understand why they do not provide a little plastic table to share between 2 beds, like they do in hotels a) to put your drinks etc on, and b) to give you a bit more space between beds to get on to them. Personally, I prefer some shade so would be looking elsewhere for a sun bed.

Edit: as I look more closely at your photo Geo, there does appear to be a small gap between sun beds.

Edited by Jakanne1

I cannot understand why they do not provide a little plastic table to share between 2 beds, like they do in hotels a) to put your drinks etc on, and b) to give you a bit more space between beds to get on to them. Personally, I prefer some shade so would be looking elsewhere for a sun bed.

Edit: as I look more closely at your photo Geo, there does appear to be a small gap between sun beds.

Small being the operative word :D

yes the gaps between the beds are tiny people have to shove the beds up to be able to get in and out!:(

little tables would be useful.... the resin floor is roasting hot..... notice they have bits of carpet behind the bar... to stop the bar stewards shoes from melting:eek:

there is some shade provided by the mesh canopy that covers the tables down the center

imo its not actually all that pleasant in there.... behind the glass wall:(

• 4 weeks later...
The work has already been completed, and took place during the ship’s routine maintenance break in November - along with a refresh to some of the other areas on board.

Hmmmm, no it wasn't. They were still working on it during the TA cruise in December, and didn't open it until we'd nearly got to the Caribbean.

I mean, with 6 days at sea, of course no-one wanted to use it during that time. Brilliant planning on that one, Thomson ;)

Just got back from the Dream. Will post later but on the subject of the Sun Lounge, it now has very comfy loungers either single or double and each lounger has its own table. It is hot in there if there isn't any breeze but on a blowy day, pure relaxing luxury.