Sun Princess

Vale

Tried to book the EC voyager for either Oct. 9 or the 29 and was told there were no balconies available. Called Princess and they have the same itenerary going out in January with balconies available, however very expensive. Rep told me I could book and then watch the web sites and when they give a lower price I could get a refund. Does anyone know how and if this would work??

Monitor the price online and if it drops, have your TA re-book you at the new price. However, if you have cruise line-booked air, the price of it will fluctuate and may go up. Re-booking at a lower price works up until final payment is due. Any price drops after that date will likely be "For new booking only", and your cancellation charges will outweigh any savings to be had.

If you're talking about this October, you're inside the final payment date and Princess is very stingy about giving price reductions after final payment is due (you can't just cancel and rebook at the lower price because of the cancellation policy). I wouldn't expect you to be able to get a price reduction after final payment. If you're talking about October 2006, then you've got a long time until final payment for prices to fluxuate and it's easy to cancel and rebook at the lower price.

I'm talking about Jan. 9 or Jan 19, but even then the 70 day final payment would be sometime in October I believe. Afraid to take a chance on the price going down. I guess I will just wait for the web specials and take my chances. We've always had a balcony and are spoiled! I think we would feel very cooped up in even an oceanview and not being able to go out whenever we wanted. We really like this itenerery, St. Vincent, Martinique, St. Lucia, St. Thomas and their private island. Does anyone know of any other ships that do a similar itenerery?? Even other lines?? We have been to all of these islands except St. Vincent. Thank you!

What happens to the cruise insurance you take when you book the cruise?? I mean if you cancel at final payment. We usually get independent cruise insurance within 10 days of booking due to medical conditions.

I book the cancellation/medical insurance privately. The first year we booked a cruise we had to cancel less than two weeks after booking. Normally you would not get the insurance $$ back but I argued that it was within 30 days.. cooling off period.. and so they refunded my money for the insurance.

I'm talking about Jan. 9 or Jan 19, but even then the 70 day final payment would be sometime in October I believe. Afraid to take a chance on the price going down. I guess I will just wait for the web specials and take my chances. We've always had a balcony and are spoiled! I think we would feel very cooped up in even an oceanview and not being able to go out whenever we wanted. We really like this itenerery, St. Vincent, Martinique, St. Lucia, St. Thomas and their private island. Does anyone know of any other ships that do a similar itenerery?? Even other lines?? We have been to all of these islands except St. Vincent. Thank you!

Are you sure you have the right January dates???? We are booked on the Sun Princess January 7th for the 10 day southern carib balcony. Different islands than you mentioned. Also we were told all balcony and minis were booked for this date.

Archived