Halloween Cruise

iluvcruises

We went on a halloween cruise last year and the ships staff went all out in their halloween decorations. You have to remember that these people live on the ship and either celebrate halloween on the ship or not at all. On our cruise, the whole ship was decorated and they had halloween parties, handed out candy to the kids, and even had a pretty cool haunted house.:) Some passengers dressed up and some didn't but it didn't stop everyone from celebrating and having a good time. In the kids center they had a really nice party with games and prizes. The adults were invited to stay and my daughter and I won first place for the wrap your kid up like a mummy contest. We used toilet paper to wrap them and it was hilarious! They even handed out eyepatches and hats so the kids could dress up for the occasion.

Though this was on Carnival, I have heard of similar experiences on other cruise lines. I think these cruise employees get awfully bored with the same routine every day and look forward to putting on a party. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I would suggest however, that if you bring costumes for your kids to try and pack something lightweight and easy to wear. An elaborate costume that is uncomfortable to wear and takes up lots of space in a suitcase would end up being a pain in the rear when it's all said and done. I think a pretty dress with a tiara and wand would be an excellent princess outfit and befitting the occasion since you'll be sailing on Princess. Plus, the dress can be worn on formal night.;)

We were on the Millennium several years ago on Halloween. We saw a few people dressed up and they did have a Halloween party but it didn't look like many passengers participated. If it is something you would enjoy, be sure to pack your costume. I'm sure there will be some type of Halloween get together on any of the cruiselines.

Archived