Diamond + dedicated line.

Just phoned the D+ line to book a cruise using a future cruise certificate and to say I am disappointed is an understatement!

I was trying to use the number supplied to UK D+ guests.

Priced up the cruise, Rhapsody of the Seas, Suez cruise 17th May 2015. Added flights, hotel and transfers - total cost £1700 (excluding tips but including select beverage package and $400 o.b.c.)

As I still had an old UK future cruise certificate (usually book through US agent) I rang the D+ line to book and to get the extra $200 obc.

Spoke to a gentleman in Guatamala who first of all said the fcc and obc were not combinable. I suggested he check the website t&c's which states they are combinable. After being on hold for a while he said I was right and proceeded to price the cruise.

After an hour and several more holds Mike tells me he cannot proceed with my booking and transfers me to a different department.

Christian the goes through my booking, adding the flights, hotel and transfers and tells me the total cost will be £2880. This price then dropped to £2440.

Whilst on hold I did a mock booking on the website again finishing with a price of £1700. We went through the various costs to find where the difference was. None of the prices I had matched what he had.

Having spent another hour on the phone I decided to not use the fcc and just book online. It took about 10 minutes to book and confirm.

The moral is don't ring the D+ line - I don't think I will again!

Pete