Sapphire - Cabin C742

MLinFL

We will be on the Sapphire Princess next year in Cabin C742. From the deck plan, it appears that this balcony is larger than the other balconies of this class. Is this correct?

Also, it appears there is a small hallway next to this cabin. Does this hallway have a door that goes out? Is there a privacy screen on the balcony or is it open on that side (no cabin next to it - the next ones are the aft-facing).

Any input you can provide on this cabin would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Mary Lou

• 1 year later...

Check out picture #58 in this album: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...14163621CRBAOC

I think the Caribe deck is the lowest one that doesn't have balconies that protrude from the ship. You can see that the balcony farthest aft DOES look larger. I thought I had saved a picture of those larger balconies taken from inside the cabin, but I can't find it. You will have a great balcony. Congratulations on picking a wonderful cabin. :)

Shoredreamer: I'm not the best person to answer your question. We have our first balcony booked for this coming January. We got a stern (facing the wake) balcony on the Diamond (C748) which is on the port corner. I hope that makes sense. If not, look at a deck plan of the Diamond.

Here's what I did when picking a cabin:

Did lots of research on C.C. concerning cabin selection.

Checked which cabins in which categories were extra-special.

Checked deck plans to know what would be above and below the cabin we chose.

Called T.A. to see if any of the cabins we wanted were available. We were lucky. Two of the highly-desired BB cabins were availalbe. I had ranked the cabins in the order that I thought was best. I took the best one available.

I kept checking in with the Princess site. Our category went down in price by $150pp about 3 months after we booked. I called the T.A. and got the lower fare and kept my cabin assignment.

I'm happy with my cabin choice.....at least in theory! We still have to try it out in January to see if I made a good choice. :)

The good news....we would have fun cruising no matter what cabin we are assigned!

Happy sailings.....

We had cabin C743 (which is the same cabin but on the other side of the ship) on the Grand last year. The balcony is alittle bigger because it comes to a point on one side. In your cabin the point will be on the left side. There is a white wall where the point is. The stairwell next to the cabin is for crew only. We booked the same cabin for our Caribbean Princess cruise this year. The link below has pictures of the cabin.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kelleygallery/album?.dir=43ca&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Ok, I am going to take everyone's word and advice on this but plaase, if you dont mind, pamwinn, obviously you have been in this cabin and had the chance to compare it to others, please tell me why its "extra special" to you. I just would really like to know. Thank you.

I am not sure which cabin you mean...The last (most aft) minisuites on the Emerald deck are extra special because you have a neighbor on only one side and the balcony is extra large and gives you an aft-like view.

C748 on the Sapphire is extra special because you have only one neighbor and it gives you a panoramic aft view as well as a side view. It also has a very private entrance. No one ever walks past your cabin.

If shower size matters, I'd recommend the minisuite. If you have more that 2 people, I'd recommend the mini.

If you only have 2 people, it is a coin toss. My husband prefers the extra living space of the minisuites and while I certainly prefer taking a shower in the mini, the view in Alaska from the aft balcony cabin was spectacular. We were on a back to back and were able to compare the view from E711.We couldn't get the most aft mini because they were considered AE's at the time and priced out of sight. So we took the most forward as we like having only 1 neighbor, and C748. C748 won hands down. Whales seem to follow the ship, at least on our cruise they did, and we saw a lot of activity in the water back there.

The price difference was not that much between those 2 categories so that wasn't a deciding factor. I read so much on these boards that I decided to try the BB and was sad to leave it and move to the minisuite.

pamwinn, I was actually asking about C742, not C748, just realized you mentioned 748 earlier. My mistake but thank you for your responses anyway. C742 is the last cabin aft that is still on the "side of the ship" (port) not totally in the back. There looks to be no cabin to its left just maybe a hallway or something and hopefully no obstruction. The balcony on the deckplan looks to have a little extra corner or something due to its being the last one on the side. That is why I was asking in the first place if anyone had first hand knowledge in this cabin. Again though, I thank you for you responses.

Shoredreamer: Pamwinn was responding to my comment that we had booked C748 on the Diamond.

How did I check on which cabins were "special"? I looked at deck plans of the ship. They are pretty accurate and you can see that some balconies look bigger than others. Then I did a search on CC for those cabin numbers. It took a bit, but I found what I needed to know.

I keep a folder in my Favorite Bookmarks just on cabin selection posts from here on CC. They have even included some extra-large insides and some outsides that have floor to ceiling windows.

Susan,

Oops my mistake. Sorry. I too did what you did, checking deck plans and did a search on here for C642 that is how I was able to dredge up this post in the first place, just wasnt too much info on this specific cabin so was hoping maybe someone else had stayed in it. But thanks anyway for your replies...

Archived