"Almost Retired" How much do you cruise?

riddle

Too many factors here. I am not retired but I think about when we do, if we live near a cruise port, we'd probably cruise quite a bit more based on the sales. We'd do lots of last minute trips when the price was right. Before anything though, assuming I am young and healthy enough, I want to spend a year in Europe, just spending real time in the cities I have loved over the years but only had a week or less to spend in them. Not backpacking, though, LOL- a real luxury trip!

We enjoy cruising and camping. We do five or six weeks a year camping in the Mackinac region of the UP of Michigan and out west in New Mexico, Utah and Arizona. During the fall and winter months, we like to cruise. In the last twelve months, we've done three weeks aboard the Jade in Europe, two weeks, one aboard the Getaway followed by a second week on the Epic with our son, dil and 9 mo old grandson this month, and have another week coming up aboard the Sun in April with our oldest son, and his four kids. We're doing another B2B, one week on the Escape and the following week aboard the Getaway in February and then two weeks out of San Juan aboard the Gem in October.

I have this thing about driving from Indiana, a mile from the Michigan border to Miami around 1300 one way, miles and only spending a week at sea, so I prefer doing 2 weeks at sea. If I have to fly someplace, again, I prefer to do two or three weeks at sea. Often times we take our grandkids, on one leg of a B2B and that's fun for us. That's what retirement is all about for us.;)