Valor - Port or Starboard?

manlie

I am booking our first cruise for Feb. 5 on the Valor going to the Western Carribean (Belize, Cozumel, Isla Raotan and Grand Cayman). :D Does anyone know which side of the ship we would want to be on to see the islands as we are coming in (we are booking a balcony)?

Go to Carnival and look at the itinerary. They show you the path of the ship. It will give you a good idea of what side would be best.

Good luck.

How? It depends on how the ship pulls into port.

Hence, the statement, "It will give you a good idea of what side would be best"

If the path of the ship shows, based on direction of the ship, that the port is on the starboard side of the ship, you will likely have good odds of viewing the port from the starbaord side while arriving, even if the ship ends up docking on the port side.

Thank you for contributing.

Hence, the statement, "It will give you a good idea of what side would be best"

If the path of the ship shows, based on direction of the ship, that the port is on the starboard side of the ship, you will likely have good odds of viewing the port from the starbaord side while arriving, even if the ship ends up docking on the port side.

Thank you for contributing.

to see the islands as we are coming in

*shakes head*:o

Shaking you head because you're confused, I'm sure.

Try looking at the Carnival map, as I suggested. This really isn't a cerebral exercise. It's pretty simple. If you'd like, I can type slower.

Nope.....shaking my head because I missed the coming in port part.

:p

map_PA7DXWC.jpg

I recommend the starboard (right) side as it appears from Carnival's Valor itineray map that you are most likely to see the islands from that side. As livtojump says, how they pull into port and what you see once the ship is parked may be another story.

Cayman will almost always be Starboard, but how far you are from the port depends on how many ships are present that day. Cozumel you can be all sorts of directions. When I was there in July the pier was on the Starboard side, with the island itself on the other. In Belize you are too far out to see anything at all so that dosent matter, and in Rotan the island was on the port side. In Miami, chances will be that you board and debark on the Starboard side.

I was on the August 7th cruise and had a balcony on the port side. I agree with CruiseDawg's description completely, and will say that I was very happy with our location, particularly in Roatan and Cozumel. As he said, Belize doesn't really matter. At Grand Cayman we came in pretty much directly toward land, but there were already cruise ships anchored on both sides of us.

Jeff

Archived