Another German train question for TravelAnni

After our cruise we will be spending time in Berlin and Prague then going to Stuttgart and Frankfurt for a brief visit with my elderly cousins. It looks like I can get intercity bus from Prague changing to ICE train in Nurnberg. According to Bahn.de it is a 10 minute walk from the bus to the train, and depending on the connections, from 20 to 40 minutes to make the connection. We will each be traveling with a 21" carryon - will we have enough time to get from the bus to the train?

Any idea how difficult a connection this will be? Help available to direct us in the correct direction from bus station to train in Nurnberg?

I realize this may not be a question you can answer but I don't know who else to ask! My cousins are in their 90s so don't travel on public transportation anymore.

After our cruise we will be spending time in Berlin and Prague then going to Stuttgart and Frankfurt for a brief visit with my elderly cousins. It looks like I can get intercity bus from Prague changing to ICE train in Nurnberg. According to Bahn.de it is a 10 minute walk from the bus to the train, and depending on the connections, from 20 to 40 minutes to make the connection. We will each be traveling with a 21" carryon - will we have enough time to get from the bus to the train?

Any idea how difficult a connection this will be? Help available to direct us in the correct direction from bus station to train in Nurnberg?

I realize this may not be a question you can answer but I don't know who else to ask! My cousins are in their 90s so don't travel on public transportation anymore.

Hi, as it happens I can answer this one! Been there, done that as they say. ;)

The IC bus terminates at the Nürnburg Hbf. right outside the main entrance. You should have plenty of time to make your connection. The estimate of walking time is usually very generous and you have 40 mins.

At http://www.bahnhof.de/file/bahnhof-de/6493602/SPWtL0wjGq4zmpo2J7RpGE2b9l4/6510114/data/N%C3%BCrnberg%20Hbf_de_PDF.pdf you will find a floor plan of the station.

Walk in through the main entrance (Hauptausgang), past both sets of u-bahn escalators, turn right then left into the West Tunnel where you will find elevators to every platform. The ICE to Frankfurt usually goes from platform 6 (not shown on the map as the positions of 6-12 are a repeat of 1-5) but check this on the day.

Hope this helps.

Happy cruising :)

Anni

Edited by Travelanni
System will not let me preview !!!!!!!!!!!