Ice Bar in Stockholm, has anyone....

been to see this attraction?

I have not had much luck coming up with any information, except that it is in a hotel in the old part of the city.

If you have been, please let me (and probably others) know of your experience. Is it open all day, or only in the afternoon/evening?

The best way to get there - other than going on a ship's tour which seems to be bit over the top as far as the price is concerned.

Anything anyone knows about this place, will be most welcome to a party of six.

There are quite a few posts on the Ice Bar, but I can't see to get to them for you. What I do know is that it is in the Nordic Sea Hotel and doesn't open until 4:00 p.m. From what I remember being posted it's easy to get a taxi there and it's much cheaper than a ship's tour. I believe there is a cover charge of about $20 which includes coats, boots, and 1 vodka drink. Use your search engine for either the Ice Bar or Nordic Sea Hotel, and you should be able to get information. We plan on going in June. Good luck.

Joan icon_smile.gif

Hi, Joan. Thx much. I have searched and can come up with the hotel,but not much info on the bar. I did read somewhere that it opened up around 4 to 4:30 which doesn't make much sense when our ship leaves at 5:00 p.m. The ship has an excursion to old town and the ice bar in the afternoon so am wondering what time they can get in. The timing is all off, unless the ship has a special setup with the hotel.

Oh, well, we do or we don't see it, life will go on, but am not willing to pay $72 each to see old town and the bar.

We are on the May 8 Constellation. I contacted the Ice Bar to see if we could get in before the 4:30pm opening and they said--"no, it is reserved for a private party." The private party they are referring to is the Celebrity tour @ $70/pp. It seems like an expensive tour for the short period of time, but I will never see another ice bar again, so I think we will go for it.

Each to his own, Harvey. I just can't see spending that much - besides I don't like the cold that much. RCCL charges 72.00 pp which includes the drink plus a tour around the old part of the city. We are just going to do the old part and, hopefully, trek through one of their department stores. I know the Swedish put out wonderful appliances, so am going to have a look at what they have that we don't.

Have a great cruise.

The Ice Bar is in the Nordic Sea Hotel near the Central Railway station. It is a short walk north from the Old Town, not in the Old Town itself.

Here is a link to check it out:Ice Bar

The bar is opens at 4.30 p.m. on Monday-Friday, at 3.00 p.m. on Saturday. It is closed on Sundays.

I have never been there, from what I know it is mainly for tourists. Personnally I think there are so much to see in Stockholm that would be more interesting, but that is only my opinion.

Thankyou, Northbound. Sounds like we now have a chance to see this place. All information I found out was that it opened around 4 and that was it unless you were on a cruise excursion.

Now, we will trek around old town and then to the ice bar - hoping that we can get in.

Happy sailing.

We will be on the May 8th, Constellation and are hoping to see the Ice Bar in Sweden. When would you ever get to experience something like that? Might be worth biting the bullet. Why do they leave so early from the ports??? Oslo at 2:00....

The Ice Bar is located in the Nordic Sea, where I'll be staying for a couple of pre-cruise days. I don't have any great desire to see the Ice Bar, but I might one evening if I get too bored.

• 7 years later...
been to see this attraction?

I have not had much luck coming up with any information, except that it is in a hotel in the old part of the city.

If you have been, please let me (and probably others) know of your experience. Is it open all day, or only in the afternoon/evening?

The best way to get there - other than going on a ship's tour which seems to be bit over the top as far as the price is concerned.

Anything anyone knows about this place, will be most welcome to a party of six.

I have been there and not a ship's cruise tour. We wandered around until we found it. I guess it must have been in the afternoon, since we had no problem getting in. The place is small. You don boots and arctic furs. All the furniture is ice as are the 'glasses'. The first drink was included in the entry fee. I've been to two ice bars and not even being a drinker, it held little interest to me. My drink was fruit juice. However, the place was empty enough for me to pose for photos on the 'sofa'. Incredible sex shot. I think you can just see my nose and eyes.

It's in The Nordic Sea Hotel...you can book a reservation online...it's purely an adventure as far as I can tell....BTDT sort of thing!

BTDT and they really hope that you buy the T-Shirt. :) Or in this case maybe the Ice Bar wool sweater?

Al :)

Archived