Gym rules

richleeds

Yet again another thread that started off on a sensible subject descends the slippery slope into mud slinging!!! :eek:

Thank you. It was a thread I started as it was something I noticed previously on P&O and it brought it home to me even more last week on NCL, where I didn't see it happen.

It is not a pop at P&O, but the safety of passengers and the passengers who come in for a gawp - which can be very off putting.

But some people just like to cause arguments.

In the same way I brought the much debated Peacocks thread to this forum and the asking pool waiters for water and many others, they bring something fresh to this forum which would otherwise have threads about dress codes on permanent repeat.

Out of the top 10 accidents on board ships, gym features at No.5 - I wonder how many of these are defective equipment and how many are user error?

5. Defective equipment

"This can include defects with any equipment available to use aboard the ships (e.g. gym equipment, bowling alleys, climbing walls)."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you need to survey 10 P&O cruises, 10 Fred, 10 Carnival etc etc.

Then look at the Gym's, type of people, accidents that happen.

Once this has been done you can then produce a report on which is the safest Gym, who are the most sensible passengers etc.

<tongue firmly in cheek> :)

I think you need to survey 10 P&O cruises, 10 Fred, 10 Carnival etc etc.

Then look at the Gym's, type of people, accidents that happen.

Once this has been done you can then produce a report on which is the safest Gym, who are the most sensible passengers etc.

<tongue firmly in cheek> :)

I'll get Brianl on here to do it, he's great with producing stats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apologies for asking... But What does this mean ?

Is it a naughty word ?

No, nothing that exciting.

Just your screen name in this instance.

Premium Economy - oxymoron. It's not P&O, it's their passengers.

Whilst I agree some gym equipment is potentially dangerous I think you have to cut a bit of slack for passengers that pop in for a look around. Many folk would like to, but have never summoned up the courage to go to a gym and its often on holidays away from home that such opportunities arise. They can be quite daunting for newbies.

I remember when I first joined one that was used by girls from the nearby lap dancing club. I had to go 7 times a day for 6 months before I felt comfortable;)

And while we are on the topic....

As discussed many times on here.... passengers not sanitising or washing their hands after the loo also extends to the gym.

There is a plentiful supply of pre soaked hygeine wipes or dry towels and sanitising fluid in spray bottles which you are supposed to use when you get off the equipment as a courtesy to the next user - this often does not happen.

As discussed many times on here.... passengers not sanitising or washing their hands after the loo also extends to the gym.

There is a plentiful supply of pre soaked hygeine wipes or dry towels and sanitising fluid in spray bottles which you are supposed to use when you get off the equipment as a courtesy to the next user - this often does not happen.

It doesn't happen in most commercial gyms and guess what ' I'm still alive!';)

Obviously, you are quoting from your experience which must include your favourite cruise lines.

NCL = posting privileges withdrawn for a week.;););)

Edited by tjwa

Obviously, you are quoting from your experience which must include your favourite cruise lines.

NCL = posting privileges withdrawn for a week.;););)

I use a different screen name on the NCL board and I've had no privileges removed, but I presume you have if you know of such things.

Oh and another cruise next week for 10 nights when I will be taking another hiatus from these boards, so you can come up with more bizarre/weird conspiracy theories for that.

I go to the gym 5 times a week and wipe the equipment every time I use it,before and after use. I have been going into gyms all my adult life and know the eticet. The last time I was on P&O I was given a gym intro by the manager.To him I probably looked like,a little old boy who never used a gym. The one thing I don't like on ship's gyms are the people who come in giggle and make stupid comments. Come in by all means and have a go you may live longer.:p

I have often thought that I should use the gym on a ship but never dared as I wouldn't know how to use the apparatus and presumably don't possess the correct gymwear (little tight shorts, singlet, expensive trainers?) and after reading Richleeds' postings I definately won't attempt it!

Someone didn't like my post/thoughts as my comments have been removed. So much for democracy, opinions and free speech! :eek:

Any posts that are offensive or abusive are removed and rightly so. Your post just got caught up amongst it all. A certain party on here gets a significant amount of posts removed for these reasons.

Any posts that are offensive or abusive are removed and rightly so. Your post just got caught up amongst it all. A certain party on here gets a significant amount of posts removed for these reasons.

Hello,

i agree if someones posts cause offence, its correct that they are removed.

Thanks

Your Bud

Edited by laura Bra

Someone didn't like my post/thoughts as my comments have been removed. So much for democracy, opinions and free speech! :eek:

So has one of mine which in no way was offensive, abusive, name calling or violated any of the forum rules. And no one has told me it was going to be removed so I guess it, like yours has been caught up in the melee. It wouldn't have made much sense if left on.

Yes your right, wouldn't have made sense if my post was left without the other persons.

I had been following the post from the beginning and refrained from putting my twopenny worth in but felt compelled in the end at the arrogance of such a person maybe putting people off trying a gym such as Warringtonian has stated above.

I say your on holiday, give it a go :)

Yes your right, wouldn't have made sense if my post was left without the other persons.

I had been following the post from the beginning and refrained from putting my twopenny worth in but felt compelled in the end at the arrogance of such a person maybe putting people off trying a gym such as Warringtonian has stated above.

I say your on holiday, give it a go :)

I agree and as a previous poster said, it may be an opportunity for a newcomer to try out a gym for a first time. I do think that it would be better if someone was available to demonstrate but Exercise Bikes, Rowing Machines and Multi Gyms are fairly easy to use. Its the Free weights that can be a problem.

As regards your twopenny worth, its tempting to respond but it is better not to and just report them. The post will be removed eventually. Some people delight in upsetting and offending which is difficult to understand on a Forum like this.