Cunard Queen Victoria with a 3 year old

Sophistikatie

We will be going on a 12 night cruise on Queen Victoria to Lisbon, Madeira, Canary Islands etc. on May 10th with our 3 year old girl. We won this cruise (still pinching myself :) ) and have had no experience with cruising before. I understand Cunard isn't the most focused on child activities but I have seen they have children's club etc. so hoping it will be fine.

Has anyone travelled on Queen Victoria and have any experiences or insights on this?

How exciting! You can do a search on this board for "Cunard" and see what others have posted. The biggest thing to keep in mind in preparing for a cruise is that you need to bring everything your child needs with you - don't count on the shops on board having items you need.

You can post on the ports of call board here asking for ideas for a 3 year old in each of your ports.

Have fun!

All the best,

Mia

• 2 weeks later...

OP,

We were on the QV last summer on a Norway/Iceland itinerary and our then five year old daughter absolutely loved the kid's club. You sign up on the first day, meet the staff and receive a copy of the activities' schedule for the whole cruise. It's open in the mornings, not at lunch, afternoon, not dinner, and then in the evenings -- sorry, don't have exact times. It is closed sometimes when the ship is in port, and anyway you cannot leave your child aboard if you leave the ship. There were several three year olds at the club and they seemed to have a great time doing crafts, group play with the teachers, and watching films. There is a sleeping area if someone needs a little nap. The staff was very caring and enthusiastic. Older children have a separate club across the hall. Both clubs are on deck ten above the buffet on nine, and the only people you'll see on the elevators or stairs to get there are the grills people. In sum, the club got rave reviews from my daughter and we were very pleased as well.

From what I recall, the Kids' Place was open until 10pm most nights. The Nursery was open until later, 11pm, but as my daughter would say "that's for babies!"

The daily schedule package you receive the first time you go to the Kids' Place for orientation on the day of boarding has the schedule for each day of your voyage.