Luggage Tags

jenn6743

I always put 2 tags on each suitcase, one on each handle since they are paper. However, I use clear reinforced tape over them. I also place inside each bag an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper with my ship room number in case everything gets ripped off. For a cruise, I first put inside the suitcase the hotel I'm staying at the night before & the cruise ship on the same piece of paper in the event the delayed suitcase doesn't make it until the next day and my regular luggage tags are ripped off.

I also use the clear packing tape to "laminate them" method so they can't tear off.. then just staple or tape the end together..

I never understood how with printing tags on standard computer paper that there aren't tons of tags ripped off when loading them by the baggage handlers and everyone missing luggage..

Here's more tips on luggage tags and sailing the ship (and, it applies also to checking luggage with your airline(s) if flying to/from the port.

Take a picture or two of your luggage, especially its exterior (and interior contents) for claims, insurance and easier "recovery" purposes if it is lost, delayed or otherwise simply cannot be located during the handling & transfer processes. Show & forward the picture(s) to the luggage folks - those black Travelpro, Delsey and Samsonite in black often look alike & taken by mistake on the pier/airport luggage carousal ...

Remove & put away any old tags still attached for disembarkation, if you are leaving them outside for pickup overnight & deliver on the pier.

SDC10577.JPG

Oh, these are our "old" NCL Latitude Luggage Tags mailed to us a long, long time ago - I'm sure some of you gotten them & maybe still using them these days.

IMG20150224A.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Another good idea is for you and your SO to cross-pack. Have some of your stuff in hers and vice-versa, so if a bag does go on its own vacation, you still have something to wear. Not that there's anything wrong with wearing your wife's clothes. Sabena once sent my bag to Brussels, Helsinki, and Amsterdam. A nice trip, but I was in Stuttgart.