Getaway/Vibe/Cabana/OBC?

bradleyk

I am interested in purchasing a cabana on the Getaway if one is available when we board. I understand that they go for $299 for the week. Which comes with $100 obc. It is said that the obc is for use toward food and beverages in the Vibe.

Well, we have the UBP and our beverages will be free. So I was wondering... Does the obc have to be used in the Vibe? Or does it really just go on your account as obc and can be used through out the ship in gift shops and stores? Also what food is available for purchase in the Vibe?

There was just another post about this same thing about a week ago. The OBC will be added to your account like any other OBC, and you can use it for anything. They will tell you that it is for food or beverages at Vibe. In reality, you can use it for whatever.

I know that in Vibe you can get lobster rolls from Ocean Blue Waterfront and they will bring them to you there. Personally, I'd rather have it hot from the source, but if you don't want to walk down there, this is another option.

Edited by LrgPizza

There was just another post about this same thing about a week ago. The OBC will be added to your account like any other OBC, and you can use it for anything. They will tell you that it is for food or beverages at Vibe. In reality, you can use it for whatever.

I know that in Vibe you can get lobster rolls from Ocean Blue Waterfront and they will bring them to you there. Personally, I'd rather have it hot from the source, but if you don't want to walk down there, this is another option.

Thanks. I really appreciate it!

I am interested in purchasing a cabana on the Getaway if one is available when we board. I understand that they go for $299 for the week. Which comes with $100 obc. It is said that the obc is for use toward food and beverages in the Vibe.

Well, we have the UBP and our beverages will be free. So I was wondering... Does the obc have to be used in the Vibe? Or does it really just go on your account as obc and can be used through out the ship in gift shops and stores? Also what food is available for purchase in the Vibe?

Might wanna reconsider spending that much extra money just to get a cabana in Vibe. I've done a lot of reading and research and the majority of comments I have read are all negative about the Vibe. Waste of money, too windy, Cabanas get to hot to sit in. You really dont get anything extra in the Vibe that you dont already get anywhere else on the ship for free except an "exclusive" area to go to. If money isn't an option then its no big deal I guess! I would personally spend that money on the week pass for the Thermal Spa Pass.

Might wanna reconsider spending that much extra money just to get a cabana in Vibe. I've done a lot of reading and research and the majority of comments I have read are all negative about the Vibe. Waste of money, too windy, Cabanas get to hot to sit in. You really dont get anything extra in the Vibe that you dont already get anywhere else on the ship for free except an "exclusive" area to go to. If money isn't an option then its no big deal I guess! I would personally spend that money on the week pass for the Thermal Spa Pass.

Thanks for the idea. I will definitely check it out

I thought Vibe was amazing. Comfy chairs and beds with no chair hogs? Sign me up!

I thought Vibe was amazing. Comfy chairs and beds with no chair hogs? Sign me up!

Oh I'm sure its a nice spot, The impression that I've gotten from a lot of reviewers is that its really not worth the money, as theres not really that much "extra" offered. To each his/her own though! :D

• 4 months later...

We enjoyed the Posh area on the Epic a year or two ago, and are thinking about trying the Vibe on Escape in 2016. If the cabana OBC is truly a general one, instead of a Vibe-specific one, we might even spring for one of those this time. One question though: Do the Vibe areas close at sunset? Some other set time? I recall being disappointed a time or two when we went up to the Posh on Epic and found it closed for the evening. Thanks.

How do cabanas work? Is the cost of the cabana in addition to the vibe pass?

Cabanas include entrance to Vibe for 2 people, as well as a cabana that's "reserved" for the week. The cabanas hold 2.

Edited by thatjoeguy