OnWaves on Silhouette

gypsyrose48

I have been gathering information on the cell service on the Silhouette since I will be going on it in April. There have been numerous reports that ATT service does not work with OnWaves. Celebrity agreed with that information yesterday. Today I received an email back from OnWaves and they reported OnWaves does not service the Silhouette at this time. Does anyone know who the cell service on the Silhouette is now?

Brenda

I believe it's switched over to the WMS Cellular-at-Sea which works with AT&T. I'm sure I saw a post that the Silhouette had switched to Cellular-at-Sea but I can't find it now.

I do know that WMS put out a press release in June 2013 mentioning a new contract with RCL and specifically:

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/9428-wireless-maritime-services-announces-new-3g-royal-caribbean-contract.html

The new contract also includes the transition of three Celebrity Cruises ships not previously serviced by WMS, as well as Royal Caribbean International’s next generation of cruise ships, Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas, launching in late 2014 and early 2015, respectively.

I can also confirm that AT&T lists the Silhouette as supported with their cruse ship cellular packages:

http://www.att.com/shop/en/wireless/...ming.html#tab4

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/modals/cruiseshiplist.html

Century

Constellation

Eclipse

Equinox

Infinity

Millennium

Reflection

Silhouette

Solstice

Summit

I was looking for the Reflection recently and found this. Someone here confirmed Reflection has switched to cellular-at-sea.

I think you're fine with AT&T on the Silhouette at this point.

I have been gathering information on the cell service on the Silhouette since I will be going on it in April. There have been numerous reports that ATT service does not work with OnWaves. Celebrity agreed with that information yesterday. Today I received an email back from OnWaves and they reported OnWaves does not service the Silhouette at this time. Does anyone know who the cell service on the Silhouette is now?

Brenda

No problem with AT&T on The Silhouette. We were just onboard in January. They don't have OnWaves on that ship. When we were on The Reflection last year they had OnWaves and our AT&T service would not work.