Rum Cakes

tarheelmjfan

We have a full day planned in George Town. Not much time for shopping, but I do want to pick up some rum cakes & possibly some rum. I'm looking for the closest store to the tender where I can taste the cakes to see which I want to purchase? I need something convenient on our way back to the ship. Thanks :)

We have a full day planned in George Town. Not much time for shopping, but I do want to pick up some rum cakes & possibly some rum. I'm looking for the closest store to the tender where I can taste the cakes to see which I want to purchase? I need something convenient on our way back to the ship. Thanks :)

My husband and I were in Grand Cayman last March and we found out that the only place to try samples of the Tortuga rum (awesome, awesome, awesome) is in the the Tortuga store next to the church on the main street you hit getting off the ships (we were on the Miracle - I think all ships tender into the same area). When you get off the tender, make a left on the street immediately in front of you. Go down about two blocks and the Tortuga rum factory store is on the left hand side next to the church. I highly recommend the Tortuga bannana & coconut rums :eek:. Just remember, the store will ship your booze to the ship for you. Even if you try to carry it on to drink during the cruise, they will make you check it and deliver it to you late the last night of the cruise :mad:. Have fun and enjoy some for us!

My husband and I were in Grand Cayman last March and we found out that the only place to try samples of the Tortuga rum (awesome, awesome, awesome) is in the the Tortuga store next to the church on the main street you hit getting off the ships (we were on the Miracle - I think all ships tender into the same area). When you get off the tender, make a left on the street immediately in front of you. Go down about two blocks and the Tortuga rum factory store is on the left hand side next to the church. I highly recommend the Tortuga bannana & coconut rums :eek:. Just remember, the store will ship your booze to the ship for you. Even if you try to carry it on to drink during the cruise, they will make you check it and deliver it to you late the last night of the cruise :mad:. Have fun and enjoy some for us!

Oops I made a mistake with my directions! The Tortuga store is left down the main road and is on the right hand side of the street. All that there is on the left hand side of the road is the water. And by the way - GO HEELS!!:eek:

For one-stop shopping, just to get some rum and rum cakes, the Tortuga outlet near the pier is probably the best.

However, if you want really great rum cakes, take a quick trip across from the dock to the mall and find the Blackbeards Rum Cake kiosk where you can taste test their varieties before purchasing.

Have been to Gr. Cayman several times, brought back rum cakes of both Tortuga and Blackbeards and our friends and family all agree that Blackbeards is better than Tortuga -- and cheaper in price. :)

Dianne

Archived