2-Bedroom Family Villa

thatjoeguy

We're thinking of upgrading from two mini-suites to the two bedroom suite. Going into the second bedroom would be my (6'5) BiL and his (much shorter) GF. How comfortable will it be for the two of them in there? The bed is a full?

The upgrade cost would be around $2000 for the week total for the group. We'd lose out on two of the UBPs, but gain the UDP for all and some OBC. We also wouldn't have to worry about getting Vibe passes for the group if we upgraded. Thoughts would be very appreciated. Thanks!

We're thinking of upgrading from two mini-suites to the two bedroom suite. Going into the second bedroom would be my (6'5) BiL and his (much shorter) GF. How comfortable will it be for the two of them in there? The bed is a full?

The upgrade cost would be around $2000 for the week total for the group. We'd lose out on two of the UBPs, but gain the UDP for all and some OBC. We also wouldn't have to worry about getting Vibe passes for the group if we upgraded. Thoughts would be very appreciated. Thanks!

I can't imagine a 6'5" person fitting in the bed, even at an angle or by himself. It's enclosed on 3 sides. I would be skeptical of (2) average sized adults fitting comfortably.

We've done the 2 bedroom family villa/suite before and are sailing in one again next month. The 2nd bedroom is a lot like an inside room, and fits 2 average adults just fine (double bed size). That said, not sure how your BiL would do given his height, but I'd imagine that'd be the case even in a regular stateroom.

On the plus side, the suite perks are great!

we have done the 2nd bedroom and my husband is 6'3'' and im 5'8'' and we fit just fine and we actually are doing it again this year. I don't remember having any issues with him needing to sleep diagonal, if he did it didnt seem to bother us or stick out in my mind. But there is also a pull down bed in that back room and I know at least one night I slept up on that. so that could be an option if he needed to sleep diagonal, the GF could sleep up on that to give him more room.

and i agree that he might have the same issue in any stateroom.

isn't the 2nd bedroom a sofa bed?

We were thinking of getting one with another couple but we were told it was a sofa bed.

We agreed it was not worth it to spend $1700pp x 4 for 2 people to sleep on the sofa bed.

Not sure all the NCL ships are the same when it comes to 2 bedroom villas so the ship we were checking on was the Getaway.

Bill

Which ship? On Breakaway class The bathroom in the 2nd room is the same as a balcony cabin bathroom. But before I spent the extra$$ I would have him look at YouTube videos of the suite and the second bedroom. It is very cave -like and dark.

Although the actual bedroom is a tight fit, they can spread out in the living room area if need be. It depends on how much togetherness you are comfortable with as well.

I wouldn't spend 500 pp for a 2 br. If I were the one NOT getting the master bedroom. It is too much like being a houseguest..

My two adult kids have used it. Neither of them is small, but neither is even close to 6'5". I would think it would be really tight.

The lower bed is a double and there is a bunk.

I would not recommend this for two adults.;)

Edited by zqvol

DH and I will be sleeping in the second bedroom next year, but I pretty much plan on giving him the double and taking the bunk since we do not sleep well together in small beds!! The couple sleeping in the second bedroom should either pay less toward the room or you should switch rooms mid week to make hints more fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've done the 2 bedroom family villa/suite before and are sailing in one again next month. The 2nd bedroom is a lot like an inside room, and fits 2 average adults just fine (double bed size). That said, not sure how your BiL would do given his height, but I'd imagine that'd be the case even in a regular stateroom.

On the plus side, the suite perks are great!

DH is 6'7 and he fits fine in a normal stateroom bed, but I'm pretty sure those are usually queens. When we're down visiting the inlaws, we end up in a double, which is not a good night sleep for either of us. I'll ask my BiL which he prefers.

DH and I will be sleeping in the second bedroom next year, but I pretty much plan on giving him the double and taking the bunk since we do not sleep well together in small beds!! The couple sleeping in the second bedroom should either pay less toward the room or you should switch rooms mid week to make hints more fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're paying for the cruise, so we get the nice bedroom. :)

What are you really losing. So you gain UDP and OBC. If the cruise is $2000 MORE, you are losing nothing.

Just a thought. I've never been in one of these rooms, but I am 6'4" tall. I very rarely sleep perfectly straight. I'm usually on my side curled up at least somewhat. Especially when sleeping with someone. Might be worth asking what his thoughts are. Might be a non-issue.

Just wanted to comment on OPs original comment that they wouldnt need Vibe passes if they did the 2 bedroom suite. If you are saying that because you would be on a ship where the two bedroom is either in or gives you access to Haven and you think the Haven is enough, OK. But if you are saying that because you thought Vibe area was included for suite dwellers, it is not except on Epic.

Terry

Just wanted to comment on OPs original comment that they wouldnt need Vibe passes if they did the 2 bedroom suite. If you are saying that because you would be on a ship where the two bedroom is either in or gives you access to Haven and you think the Haven is enough, OK. But if you are saying that because you thought Vibe area was included for suite dwellers, it is not except on Epic.

Terry

This is on the Escape. We wouldn't bother getting Vibe passes if we had Haven access.