Carnival Magic or Carnival Breeze for single 30 year old

rok233

Looking for other's opinion's on which cruise to take between the Magic and Breeze at the end of May. I've been on the Breeze twice and have never been on the Magic.

What I'm looking for is a good party atmosphere, ship that generally would have more singles as I'm going solo. I've never sailed from Galveston so I'm not sure how to compare it to the cruises that leave from Miami. I'm more into relaxing by the pool at the day and partying at night.

So, what do you think...7 day Magic from Galveston or 8 day Breeze from Miami? FYI...8 days versus 7 isn't a factor for me and neither is going on a new ship. Just looking for a lively atmosphere and fun!

Edited by rok233

Looking for other's opinion's on which cruise to take between the Magic and Breeze at the end of May. I've been on the Breeze twice and have never been on the Magic.

What I'm looking for is a good party atmosphere, ship that generally would have more singles as I'm going solo. I've never sailed from Galveston so I'm not sure how to compare it to the cruises that leave from Miami. I'm more into relaxing by the pool at the day and partying at night.

So, what do you think...7 day Magic from Galveston or 8 day Breeze from Miami? FYI...8 days versus 7 isn't a factor for me and neither is going on a new ship. Just looking for a lively atmosphere and fun!

I have never sailed from Miami but I can tell you that Galveston is not a big party crowd. New Orleans sailings are big party crowds. Have you considered the Dream out of New Orleans?

The Magic has the potential to have a lot of Texans which is the potential for a few cowboys. If that appeals to you, I'd go with the Magic. The Breeze will probably have a more cosmopolitan crowd (many people travelling in via plane, car or train from greater distances).

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you try a hosted singles cruise. There are a fair amount of them. I am not too familiar with them to comment directly but they exist. This way you would have exactly what you want and it is not a match making service but rather there is a "Singles' Director" that host different activities (that are optional) and try to introduce everyone to everyone else so you know who the right crowds are.

I have only cruised solo once, and it probably wouldn't be classified as a cruise per se I took the QE2 from the UK to NY when I went back home back when it was still at sea and they had single cabins. Cunard gets a lot of solos but they are not the crowd you are looking for. I am late 30s so I am roughly in the crowd you are talking about. A large number of 25-40 on a cruise can be hit or miss. The Carnival Fantasy 5 day I just got off of last week was mostly college-kids or 55+ with just a low % of people in the middle and virtually no minor aged kids.