Early Saver, Reduced Deposit

bury me at sea

If booked early saver with a reduced 50% deposit, does that have any effect on qualifying for price drops?

No, you're still eligible for lower rates but keep in mind that you may have to pay the full deposit. Here's an example using big, round numbers: If you book a cruise for two at $1200 and pay 50% deposit of $250, Then the rate drops to $1000. But the new sale rate may not have the half off deposit so you would then need to pay an additional $250 to make the full deposit amount to lower your total cost by $200. A lot of people don't get this but it IS a price drop.

-Kelly

No but it could affect your deposit, and the full deposit may be due. So if you due get a price drop double check on the deposit. I done this last year, I knew the full deposit would be due, but the ccl rep didn't mention it, I went to manage my cruise, and my cruise had been canceled. I caught it in time that they just rebooked it for me, with same room.

No but it could affect your deposit, and the full deposit may be due. So if you due get a price drop double check on the deposit. I done this last year, I knew the full deposit would be due, but the ccl rep didn't mention it, I went to manage my cruise, and my cruise had been canceled. I caught it in time that they just rebooked it for me, with same room.

When they canceled the cruise, if you had not caught it, would you have gotten a full refund? i could see some people using this as a way to get out of an ES booking without paying a penalty.

In January we had to pay the other 50% ($600) of our deposit to get a $120 price reduction and $50 OBC for our 6/27/15 cruise. Something new to me - Early Saver is no longer available for our cruise even though it's 5 months out. Has anyone seen Carnival pull Early Saver? Does that mean the boat is nearly full? In our last 2 cruises Early Saver was available right up to departure and we received OBC after we made our final payment when price drops occurred. Carnival seems to be changing the rules on Early Saver, or the boat is nearly full could be the other explanation...

In January we had to pay the other 50% ($600) of our deposit to get a $120 price reduction and $50 OBC for our 6/27/15 cruise. Something new to me - Early Saver is no longer available for our cruise even though it's 5 months out. Has anyone seen Carnival pull Early Saver? Does that mean the boat is nearly full? In our last 2 cruises Early Saver was available right up to departure and we received OBC after we made our final payment when price drops occurred. Carnival seems to be changing the rules on Early Saver, or the boat is nearly full could be the other explanation...

I have never seen ES available up the time of sailing ever. It has always ended 5 months before sailing on cruises of 6 days or longer.

They now have last call ES but even that's 2-3 months before the cruise sails.

Even though ES is gone you can still get price drops up until 2 days before your cruise leaves.

Bill

ES promotion is never available up to departure, price drop is available up to 2 days before departure

From my understanding, ES is capacity controlled. So once the magic number is reached, the ES is stopped. I remember someone saying it is a number of bookings thing not a date thing.

Also it's time controlled. So even if the magic number hasn't been hit, for a 7 night cruise, at 5 months out it will also no longer be available.