Hotels in Frankfurt, Germany

Snackdaddy

We too are looking for a hotel. If I had time I would like to stay downtown, but because I have a 10 am flight (arriving in Frankfurt night before at 11 pm) I am considering the Courtyard Marriott Messe (near airport). Reasonably priced at 93 euros including breakfast. Haven't booked yet, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi there,

We were looking for something cheap in FRA while on our road trip - we chose the Holiday Inn Frankfurt South Conf Ctr.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/hd/fract?irs=y

We needed something close to the A3 Autobahn. This hotel is very easy to get to if you have a car and - maybe good for airport too - about 14km away.

Also, from the pics it seems to have a lovely view of downtown Mainhattan as they call it.

It is very reasonably priced on the weekends - like from around 40 euro and up. I think it is mostly for business people, so on the weekend you get a great rate.

Try them and see if they give a good price on your dates.

Hope this helps.

Here is one that has worked out well for me three times now. When leaving Frankfurt I like a hotel I can be close to the Airport or have access to local transportation to the Airport. You might check out the Holiday Inn Express. Its about 4 km from the Airport and they will pick you up at the Airport if you arrive before 10:00 PM. The place is clean, they have a free breakfast and the staff is very helpful. I believe two can stay there for around 70 Euros. I hope this helps. Tim

Snackdaddy,

you have already picked one of the nicest hotel in that area. The Schlosshotel in Kronberg is one of the Leading Hotels of the World and very nice. Thus it is a very good choice if want to have some rest in a first class environment. If you want to do more sightseeing in Frankfurt, Kronberg might a bit far, an alternative is the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof. This one is a more than one hundred years old grand hotel right in the middle of Frankfurt, ranked among the top hotels of the world.

goldenprincess53

Just make sure not to mix up the Courtyard with the Marriot. The later is directly at the fair/exhibition area ("Messe" in German) in the city, the former is further outside but also not directly at the Airport. Yet is offers a free airport shuttle.

Everybody looking for a (cheap) airport hotel

There is only one hotel directly at the Airport - the Sheraton.

For cheaper alternatives a good reservation or even just information site is http://www.hotel.de, where you can choose different locations including the Airport and are given a broad choice of hotels with distance.

Carlm

We may been arriving earlier the evenign before which will give us a chance to tour/walk about the old city. Do you have any other hotel suggestions that would possibly offer shuttle service to airport and also be on a transportation line to the city. alternatively, we would visit a village or area closer to the airport. Courtyard Marriott is 4 mi from airport and I'm not sure if it is on a transportation system to the city. Any advice you can offer is appreciated.

My husband and I arrived in Frankfurt in the early afternoon and had a late morning flight the next day. The hotel is connected to the airport by a walkway and you can even use the airport luggage carts to get your luggage there. Breakfast is included and it's a very substantial buffet.

Carlm

We may been arriving earlier the evenign before which will give us a chance to tour/walk about the old city. Do you have any other hotel suggestions that would possibly offer shuttle service to airport and also be on a transportation line to the city. alternatively, we would visit a village or area closer to the airport. Courtyard Marriott is 4 mi from airport and I'm not sure if it is on a transportation system to the city. Any advice you can offer is appreciated.

If I remember right there is a busstop close to the Courtyard where you can catch a bus downtown.

Unfortunately I do not know about any airport hotel with shuttle and close to a subway station or similiar. Of course there is a direct line from the airport to the city. This helps if you stay at the Sheraton or in a close by hotel and use the shuttle bus to go back to the airport. Another option is any hotel close to the main station in Frankfurt itself.

If you choose any of the smaller villages like Höchst which has same nice old parts make sure to check the location of the hotel as many of the specifically airport hotels, like everywhere in the world, are not in the nice areas but clsoe to motorways, in commercial areas etc.

Thank you for all of your suggestions. We are leaning towards the Frankfurt Hilton (rated #1 on Trip Advisor). The Hilton is supposed to be centrally located and noted for its service. When we visit Germany again, we'll try the Scholsshotel Kronberg. Thanks again.

Snackdaddy,

you have already picked one of the nicest hotel in that area. If you want to do more sightseeing in Frankfurt, Kronberg might a bit far, an alternative is the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof. This one is a more than one hundred years old grand hotel right in the middle of Frankfurt, ranked among the top hotels of the world.

Highly recommend Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof. We stayed there 2 years ago when visiting Germany and the hotel, staff, etc were excellent. The hotel has alot of history. Close to shopping areas and markets. When we wanted to explore other cities, we would take day trips out of Frankfurt using a local land tour company.

• 2 months later...

As pointed out above, the Sheraton is the only hotel directly at the airport. It is a standard business hotel (but with very soundproof windows). The location is most convenient, connected to the airport by a walkway. There are a couple of restaurants in the hotel and of course there is easy access to all airport facilities. On the other hand this location means that you cannot walk anywhere, there are no outside restaurants nearby. The surroundings are parking lots, highways and airport buildings.

Yet one can take the subway for a short ride to downtown Frankfurt if interested.

Archived