3 people in Cloud 9 Spa Balcony Question

lambchop2U

Hi,

New cruiser here. I'm sailing on Carnival Dream April 26th with 2 friends in a Spa Balcony. With the rate we receive VIP Spa, etc. for 2. But we'd like the VIP Spa extras for our 3rd passenger. My Carnival rep said we'd have to wait & buy a week pass directly with the spa. In reading forums, its possible the SPA passes could sell out. Not only do I not want to worry about that but I'd like our 3rd person to receive the same amenities, i.e., 2 free classes, an arm band for the entire week, etc. It's 150 for the regular week pass but its not about the money so much as not having our 3rd feel like a 5th wheel.

Any comments on this?

Thanks!

DW and SIL have done this on their all girl cruises. They all went up to the spa when it opened on embarkation day (1PM or 2P or when ever the tours start?) and got the situation handled. There's not usually a line or problem that early in the cruise as people are still boarding, eating, getting their cabin, dining options/time straightened out first.

If you go early as the previous poster said, chances are good that you can buy a spa pass for the third person. But they won't get it the same as the first two passengers in the cabin. It just doesn't work that way. The third person will have to buy a spa pass. They shouldn't feel like a 3rd or 5th wheel. It's just the way the spa cabin pricing works.

I was wondering if we could get away w switching off bands & she could just pay 4 any day we wanted to all 3 go.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but come on!

Why "steal" spa privilages when you could just pay the extra since, as you said, "money isn't the issue"?!

I always get a spa balcony because I enjoy the amenities.

Should I have to share them with someone who is sneaking in, paying considerably less than me? No.

Just pay for the week pass, or don't. The end.

Edited by surfjock27

I was wondering if we could get away w switching off bands & she could just pay 4 any day we wanted to all 3 go.

IIRC< you still have to give the spa desk you S&S card, or show it, to get in. Sorry, can't recall how that worked on the Breeze in 2012, but that was how it was on the earlier cruises on the Dream..

We were on the Dream a year ago in 12211 and loved the spa balcony and Serenity Deck. You will have a great time.

As stated, when you check in at the spa reception desk you swap your S&S card for a white Cloud 9 spa card. That's when they know you paid for the spa. The arm band could be swapped (they are elastic I took mine off when not in the spa). It's just a way they can tell at a quick look if you belong in the restricted spa area. But you need the white card to open doors within the spa area.

As usual the spa desk area was packed when we first got onboard and went to get a tour/sales pitch. We waited until after dinner and the place was empty. I doubt you will have an issue getting one spa pass for the week.

Why stress? Just pay the fee and then all of you can enjoy the spa at the same time. BTW: do the bamboo massage if you like deep tissue.

DW used the showers in the spa locker room most every night. You will see they are much nicer than the cabin showers.

Thanks for all the info. with 3 women I figured the extra cost of a Spa room would pay for itself with the use of the ladies locker room. Lol. We've got room 12212.so shouldnt have trouble finding our room! Another bonus. We'll try to get a week pass & eliminate the worry. I've never had a massage so hesitant about a deep tissue. I love facials tho. Anyway we're under the 60 day mark & getting excited!!!