Next promotion

Mr.Sunshine

I was told today by an agent that reduced deposit starts tomorrow and the current promo is extended through March.

A new promo starts which is the same as current promo but now with an additional "option" of gratuities. So, choose UBP, UDP, OBC or paid gratuities.

For two days only - Fri 2/27 and Sat 2/28, reduced deposit.

Hmmm, another "end of the month specials" again - for 24 to 48 hours ...

Important for sales quota & incentives, like those car salesman earning commission - best time to make a "deal" ... until the next round.

Is this the new pattern - changes coming to NCL's new marketing & promotion scheme ??

Reduced Deposit - IMO, don't mean much for those of us with unused Cruise Reward/Future Cruise Credits but for cruisers "new" to NCL, it is attractive for booking ahead and only if full & final payment aren't immediately due in 24 to 48 hours. Surely, someone could take advantage of it ... ;)

I was told today by an agent that reduced deposit starts tomorrow and the current promo is extended through March.

We have decided to book our very first NCL cruise on the Escape for next year! :) We have sailed Carnival, Princess & RCCL, with RCCL being our favorite. I started looking at the NCL board here and found the Escape. I watched a video and instantly fell in love! :) I talked my DH into trying NCL next year...YAY!!

Can we book with the reduced deposit on-line or is this something we need to call and book directly to get?

We have decided to book our very first NCL cruise on the Escape for next year! :) We have sailed Carnival, Princess & RCCL, with RCCL being our favorite. I started looking at the NCL board here and found the Escape. I watched a video and instantly fell in love! :) I talked my DH into trying NCL next year...YAY!!

Can we book with the reduced deposit on-line or is this something we need to call and book directly to get?

Answered my own question. :) Did a mock booking and the reduced deposit does show up online. We'll be booking today!!!

Sure, when it's available, it's automatic on the website also.

Thank you!! I was looking on the site for the reduced deposit advertisement, but didn't see it, so that's why I was wondering. I did a mock booking & it does show up on the payment page.

Any idea if the DSC will be for all 4 passengers in a room? or just the first 2. UDP is for all 4. Got Escape booked for next year. First time on NCL.

thx

On a Facebook group, a travel agent said that the free service charge only applies to the 1st and 2nd passengers.

Does anyone have any idea if the new promo that includes the DSC will be all four promos for the Haven?

Again paraphrasing a travel agent who posted on Facebook, for most cruises the Haven and other full suites (categories start with H or S) will get the current offers plus the addition of free service charge for passengers 1 & 2.

Note that some itineraries have different promotion rules, including repositioning cruises, transatlantic, Hawaii, Pacific Coastal, and Panama Canal. For example, our repositioning cruise has no UBP, but offers air credit instead.

Edited by Pikaia

A new promo starts which is the same as current promo but now with an additional "option" of gratuities. So, choose UBP, UDP, OBC or paid gratuities.

For two days only - Fri 2/27 and Sat 2/28, reduced deposit.

When does the gratuity option start? In March? I don't see it available as an option on my cruise.

Maggie